Duck!

De-Ting

Rookie
ducklings.jpg

We found this pile of cuteness inside one of our window wells. We did manage to get them out and kept them corralled until momma duck realized they were missing and came back for them. Still, not every day you see so many ducklings. :lloyd:

That won't work. Trust me. They're also messy eaters and need a large amount of water, which you have to clean out daily because of how much they shit in it.

There are many Mallard ducks that live around my apartment complex. And they usually hold me up (not that it bothers me) when I'm going to and from because they're always crossing the street to get to the pond.. Always in their single file lines from big to small lol. It's year round too since we don't really have much of a winter; more like a cool autumn. They're fun to watch. I would never keep one as a pet, though. They belong out in the open, but I feel that way about almost every animal besides dogs or cats.

Great, now there's nothing left for me to say! Baby ducks are everywhere. My kids are fascinated by the ones at the park.

Well, since we're on the subject, I'll post the pics I have of my duckies when they were babies.

P1010382.jpg

They were named Smacky and Sir Garl Jecht Duckmeister III. Sir Garl Jecht Duckmeister III was actually quite badass, and literally killed two chickens.

Both ended up killed by possums, or some similar animal, since their heads were gone but the rest of their body was still there.

Longo_2_guns said:
Both ended up killed by possums, or some similar animal, since their heads were gone but the rest of their body was still there.
Sounds like they should have ducked... :(

When I was in high school a mother duck laid eggs in our enclosed court yard, and then we had a few months where a family of ducks lived at our school. There was a HUGE debate on what to do with the ducks (because my school was filled with morons). They settled on putting in a kiddie pool and let the ducks worry about the food.

They flew away after a few months, and that was the end of that.

madster111 said:
De-Ting said:
Longo_2_guns said:
Sounds like they should have ducked... :(
That hurt me to read.
I know. It's tragic poetry.

Rakon, any school I've been to would have been the worst possible place for any animal to spawn. The kids would have totally mutilated them.

Longo_2_guns said:
Sir Garl Jecht Duckmeister III
Names like that should be pet names not Mr. Snuggles and Fluffyduff. Though I would like to name a pet tiger Mr. Mittens because those the only "cute" pet name that I find funny and worthwhile and because then from that name people will assume it's just a cat until then enter my house and must enter a cage match with the fierce Mr. Mittens.....

.... Who of course would be wearing mittens, not cute muttons but battle armor mittens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle