Dragon Age 2 Demo

malakian

Rookie
what did you think? I liked it. The combat felt way more visceral from both warrior and mage points of view. I think the visualisation of combat was the weakest part of DA:O and it looks like they've nailed a much tighter system here. Blood gets all over the floor and stuff.

However, the demo seemed really disjointed and tough to engage with. I reckon this is due to it being an odd choice of game to demo-ize. When the focus is on building and developing a character, it's hard to immerse yourself when you're just handed an uneditable one and told to level it up a couple of times...What's the point? I actually got a huge wave of the 'I am wasting my time' feeling when I was having to go through the motions of levelling up 3 characters for a 20-min experience.

Nevertheless, worth it to do some fightin'. Cant wait until it arrives proper.

Looks great and i'm sure the story will be awesome but am I really going to have to mash the X button for 50+ hours? I'll be very disappointed if the base attack isn't automatic somehow in the full version like it was in Origins. Doesn't that bother anyone else or am I the only one????

Can I beat them to death with a Massive Armor boot? I always have found that in games improvised weapons are seldom used.

I couldn't get into it for some reason, I heard the first was great so I was a little happy to see how the second will play out. But honestly even though I love when they release demos for games I want to check out I don't think RPGs play out well in a demo format. Like the Mass Effect 2 demo was fun but I felt it was a poor representation of how awesome the real game is.

But the Dragon Age demo was okay, I personally felt the combat was a little weird, the entire aspect of switching between characters was kind of neat but in the end I couldn't finish the demo I got bored. The graphics were okay but that doesn't matter because graphics are the icing on the cake for a game, the gameplay just felt a little bland to me I don't know why.

That being said never played the first so don't persecute me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod