Diablo 3, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, Bayman Arkham City

intoTheRain

Regular
All within like 2 months of each other..

Goodbye sweet everything outside of my computer/television :cry:

Anyone else SUPER excited for basically all of these games? I have no idea what I'm going to do... no idea...

I guess I can try and get the Batman and Uncharted bug overwith by the time Diablo 3 is released, but.. Skyrim and Diablo 3 going head to head... like.. any advice on what to do?

danielrbischoff said:
Pick one, then wait to get the other one until you're ready to play it or it's cheaper.

So hard I like things when they're new.

But If I had to pick one it'd most definitely be Diablo 3

By the time I'm done with it the rest will be in the bargain bin.

intoTheRain said:
So hard I like things when they're new.
I'm the same way and I have no self-control when it comes to buying games. You gotta just let some fall by the wayside and pick them up later. Prioritizing is so hard when games look as good as they do.

well thats hopeful guestimation but i know theyre aiming at a pre christmas release, and F&F beta is on now, and closed beta is starting very shortly. and it's a small beta, just like 1/2 the first act. just for mechanical stuff. blizzard games tend to be released no more than 2-3 months after beta. they definitely want to make it pre christmas if they can. if they can wrap beta up by mid october, we can somewhat realistically expect a mid december release.

and daniel i know. i have games that are still in their plastic wrap because i just never got around to it, red dead redemption being one of them. i have an obsession with buying video games. i finally decided to sell my wii, took me 2 years to realize I would never ever play it. if u saw my living room/dining room (yes dining room), you'd lol. it's a geeks orgasm, and none of it ever gets used.

it's like how doug heffernan eats food to feel comforted. i play but mostly buy video games. it's the nostalgia that keeps me going. rarely will a game actually keep me occupied these days. but the 4 i listed i'm positive will. Uncharted 2, Fallout, and arkham asylum are some of the few games I actually got into enough to finish in the past few years.. and any blizzard game is guaranteed addiction for me.

diablo 2 was the worst video game addiction of my life though, hands down.

http://www.twitch.tv/spindrjr here is a stream from F&F beta.. there are lots on twitch.

Longo_2_guns said:
I'm more excited about Dark Souls than any of those, really.

i hadnt even heard of Dark Souls, but now I have ;(

edit: didn't realize it was the demon's souls guys.. i found demon's souls was very very lifeless and lacking in atmosphere.. so not quite as excited.. but still would like to give it a shot.

Guernica said:
I guess I'm to jaded by other pushed back release dates to be optimistic about them anymore haha.

well i know blizzard is terrible at that, but once the beta starts theyre relatively consistent. it's up until that point that usually gets delayed by literally years.

intoTheRain said:
Guernica said:
I guess I'm to jaded by other pushed back release dates to be optimistic about them anymore haha.

well i know blizzard is terrible at that, but once the beta starts theyre relatively consistent. it's up until that point that usually gets delayed by literally years.

Yeah assuming it does come out this fall... On one hand I'm excited because I'll finally be able to play D3 on the other hand it'll suck because I already plan to buy too many games this year and D3 is going to add to the list. I may opt to wait on it because my gf will want to play it but she won't want to get it till spring semester is over haha.

Skyrim!
As much as I want Diablo III, I’d go with Skyrim first. And Bayman Arkham City is a backburner game for me. (The typo was in the tile of this topic.)

Battlefield 3 is already preordered...
Skyrim, Bayman, both day 1 purchases.

Haven't even been able to play Deus Ex much. My backlog is so crazy big.

Skyrim will seriously be my gaming life for half a year. I dont plan on buying more for a long time after that. The next will probably be Bioshock Infinite.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Fingers crossed that I get Batman for my birthday and Skyrim for Christmas.

De-Ting said:
I can only hope to get most of them for my birthday/Christmas. I'm buying Skyrim myself...maybe.

Sometimes it's nice being out of college and having a job and being able to buy what I want!

Other times... * looks over at bills*....

I have the money and time to buy and play them all, but I'm still kinda weary of most of these games. Skyrim will no doubt out-Oblivion Oblivion. I mean, it's simplified even more from an already simplified RPG. It'll no doubt be good, but it'll take some modding to be what it should. Almost like Fallout 3.

Batman I have a combination of high hopes and a tiny bit of worry over. Like with Skyrim, the little parts of it are good, but whether the finished product will be right or not is left to be seen. It could easily suffer from the same problems that AA had, especially if they throw in a big mishmash of villains.

Diablo 3, eh. Not my type of game. It'll be good, but probably like Starcraft 2. Good, but really not all that new. What really irks me is the whole real money trading auction house. That type of microtransaction stuff is what really killed TF2. It's a smart business move, because idiots will always pay money for stuff, but still.

Really, more than anything, we've got a whole lot of big games this season. Games from big names with a lot of hype and a lot of competition. This is something we really haven't had in a long, long, long time. Whether they'll be amazing or not is still left to be seen.

I have money that I could potentially spend on them, but I have a hard time spending money on myself especially during the last quarter of the year. So it makes it easier when people buy stuff for me. No guilt and I can continue to feel like I put my kids first.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod