Delays in beating games

Ted_Wolff

Rookie
What are some of the longest delays you've had from starting a game, putting it down for a while for whatever reason, and finally returning to the game and beating it?

I just finally beat Super Mario Galaxy, two years after first starting it.

Oblivion: I bought a long time ago, shortly after release, and worked my way through tons of side quests, if not all of them. But I still have yet to beat the main storyline, or either of the two expansions.

Madden '07: I still have yet to slay John Madden and display his head on a pike at midfield.

Right now I'm working on about 2 months since I played Uncharted 2...I only played like the first two sequences then havent been back since.

I still haven't beaten FFVIII.
..and I bought it when it came out.

uhm.. i guess - Mirrors Edge took me a while. I got to a difficult part - said F*** it, came back didn't remember how to do stuff - said F*** it again. yada yada yada - one year later, done. Not even on my PS3 - i just picked up where my roommate left off and completed it on his about 2 months ago.

I have yet to finish Borderlands, I haven't even killed what's-his-name yet (I wanna say Sledge) because the single player is dragging horrendously on and my multiplayer fails to work.

SMT games really do this to me.

I'm 40 hours into Persona 3 and I stopped.
I'm 25 hours into Devil Summoner 2 and I stopped.
And I'm about 20 hours into my extreme difficulty + all social links playthrough of Persona 4 and I stopped.

A long one for me was No More Heroes. I got it about a year ago, beat Heavy Metal, and then stopped. Then last month I beat the whole game, and loved it all.

I purchased Bioshock in I think January of 08 and I didn't finish it until August 2009.

Tomb Raider Legend I started playing 1/10/2007 and finished it 9/1/2009 so two years, eight months, three weeks give or take.

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter: 2/5/2007 start date. Ended 12/15/2007.

GRAW 2: Start: 12/26/2007 End: 5/3/2009

dood, gta4 was awesome. i like a good 85% of the missions, besides the motorcycle chases and long, pointless shooting sequences (like when you're saving Roman from all those randos with AK's, sniper rifles, and RPGs in the giant, 4-level warehouse with no checkpoints the whole way through). But besides those I had no problems with any of 'em. All fun.

keepithowitis said:
^How d'you know the exact dates?

I looked up my achievements on xbox360.com, found the date of my first achievement and the date of my game completion achievement.

Never finished Star Ocean: Till the End of time. Don't know ... seems like it just isn't my type of a RPG. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod