Del Toro is out!

Bretimus_v2

So tired.
So I know this is old news, but I thought it was worth addressing.

First off, let me just say that I'm very excited that Del Toro is not attached anymore. I'm not much of a fan. He's got this otherworldly look and feel to his movies, but I'm just not digging it for The Hobbit (which is lighter than the LotR series). Although it would be could for Hobbit to be directed by an actual hobbit.
56_thumbzoom.jpg

What really gets me is that this means aside from MGM's near bankruptcy pushing this project back and back and back, now they have to find a new director! Hopefully Peter Jackson sucks it up and just takes the first chair.

Link

I was excited to hear Del Toro was gonna direct this, and disappointed when he stepped out. I like his otherworldlyness, mainly because most of his sets and creatures are either crafted entirely by hand or created with a ton of makeup. Not much CG when it comes to him. Peter Jackson, however, loves teh CG a bit too much. He did a good job on LoTR, but almost every single other movie I've seen done by him has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Apparently Peter Jackson is considering taking the directorial job now that Del Toro is out. Basically, the movies mean way too much to the economy of New Zealand for him to let them disappear. Especially since they've already spent millions of dollars in pre-production.

Good, he's got a bunch of projects to work on that interest me more than The Hobbit.

I'm thinking this'll go the same way as Star Wars.

The Hobbit will never be made and everyone around the globe will want to see the prequel. Then sometime in the early 2020's Jackson finally gets around to making The Hobbit and screws it up by turning it into a trilogy with two unnecessary movies before delivering what fans want in the third.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle