Dead Games

JCD

Regular
It's happened to all of us. You hear about a kickass new game coming out soon, you look up every piece of info about the game you can find, your anticipation for the game grows and grows and grows...

And then, poof. It's killed. The game is no more, the entire project pulled for whatever reason. So my question is, what games do you wish had not been cancelled? For me, it has to be BC. That game had a ton of potential, but a constant stream of setbacks and tech issues finally forced the project closed. It was just too far ahead of it's time... :(

Resident Evil for the Gameboy Color was one game I looked forward to that got cancelled (some gameplay videos here. It looked like a pretty faithful port), and Sonic X-Treme, despite the god-awful name, was looking quite good.

GiftedMonkey said:
EDIT: Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans. Might be a stand alone game rather than an expansion

Yup, that was a standalone adventure game in the WarCraft Universe. Very cartoony. While the game was never finished, they used the storyline as the back story for the orc cheiftain in WOW. You were supposed play his rise to power in "Adventures".

- C!

Wow i remember BC. My friend was really excited for that game and it rubbed off onto me and i was always checking out updates. The game never came :(

I would say Spore although it was never cancelled, news did die right down several times though.

Sam

Alot of guys would say B.C., but a games' cancellation that dissapointed me the most was True Phantasy Live. I was very excited for this game to come out, but ever since it was cancelled, I became so dissapointed, I wanted to commit suicide.....well no, not really, but it made me upset. Even to this day i'm dissapointed.

TheNesMan said:
Where else can i kill dinosaurs? And no, Jurassic Park for the computer was hard/sucked.

The one with the 3D Glasses? Lol, I had that. Way hard.

Jurrasic Park: survival comes to mind, it was a shame that it didnt see the light. As lame as it sounds, it was probably the only game that i felt for when it died.

Btw, Turok sucks ass.

ha a game with 3d glasses...could work i suppose :x :?:

i have no idea whether a viewtiful joe 3 was in the making. but at the end of the 2nd, they said they'd be a 3rd. but in March of this month clover was scrapped and turned into....that new one. so now VJ3 :(

Another good one which slipped my mind was Deus Ex: Clan Wars. That got turned into project snowblind and we all know how that turned out...

JCD said:
Another good one which slipped my mind was Deus Ex: Clan Wars. That got turned into project snowblind and we all know how that turned out...
well, that game got mixed reviews. Some said it was good, some said it was shit. I rented it, but I never really played it long enough to determine whether I liked it or not.

BC was one of them, but I have to say Perfect Dark for Xbox. I know, I know, technically it came out for the 360 but I was way disappointed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod