Damn TV's!

I just bought a PS3, and I have no fucking idea how to get my TV to the setting where it shows the PS3 screen. I don't got the original remote and for some reason the input button on my universal remote isn't working; it just tells me what screen I'm on instead of changing it. I got a cable box hooked up and it has inputs for audio/visual, but that doesn't do a damn thing either. Anybody have any ideas?

If your universal won't change the input, and your TV doesn't have an input button on it... you may be screwed. What kind of universal remote is it? One of the cheap ones where you type in a code to program the remote, or something a little more advanced like a Harmony?
You should be able to get an RF adapter and do it that way, change it to channel 3 or 4. I'm sure they still make RF adapters.

It's one of the cheap ones. I'm starting to think I'm screwed.

I got a RF adapter at my parents house, I'll guess I'll ask them to mail it to me. FUCK!

Does the PS3 come with any SCART connectors? I know that many TVs will automatically switch to the SCART input when you turn the console on.

You might want to try that before you resort to RF.

it seems to be hit or miss when it comes to universal remotes and the input button working. i bought a really cheap one and it worked.. bought a nice one a few months ago didn't work.. lost the cheap one i thought i was screwed. then i changed my cable provider and there remote works on my tv, horray!

I'm assuming you're using a standard def TV with a RCA hookup: When you manually flip the channel below channel 1, it doesn't change to AV1, AV2, or anything like that?

I think I'd get a new remote before using an RF adapter. I used to have one for my PSX and the connection was really shitty, but I guess that just could have been mine.

I'm gonna need an RF adapter. I spent a half-hour on the phone with my mom telling her where to look in my room for mine and she couldn't find it . We moved a year ago and my mom may have thrown it out not knowing what it was.

Dammit. I wanna play my godamn PS3!!

Hehe...... spend all this time waiting to play the PS3 when you will realize 5 minutes into turning it on for the first time 'Darn, I should have bought a 360!'

Kidding!

used44 said:
I think I'd get a new remote before using an RF adapter. I used to have one for my PSX and the connection was really shitty, but I guess that just could have been mine.
I would say give the RF adapter a try. Yes the quality isn't going to be wonderful, but it should be no worse than cable TV. I think you just had a bad adapter used, or you were expecting something more.

Daddio said:

Hehe...... spend all this time waiting to play the PS3 when you will realize 5 minutes into turning it on for the first time 'Darn, I should have bought a 360!'

Kidding!

Meh. All my friends have PS3's and I got one to play online against them. The 360 doesn't have any exclusives that I care all that much about, and I don't want to pay for online play.

i gotta say the 50 bucks a year for xbox's online service doesn't bother me at all. i get a better overall experience. at least, from what iv'e been hearing about the PSN. we get party chats even through different games, universal friends lists, downloadable demos, content etc., voice communication for all games. i don't have a ps3 so i don't really know what PSN has to offer. again, going by heresay.

as for your tv. is it an old tv or something?

masterchris said:
used44 said:
I would say give the RF adapter a try. Yes the quality isn't going to be wonderful, but it should be no worse than cable TV. I think you just had a bad adapter used, or you were expecting something more.

I wasn't expecting too much, it was just really prone to interference.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod