Cursive writing

Do you write cursively?

• Ya f'sho, a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ya f'sho, not a lot - when I'm being formal

• Nah, that shizz is bunk - for old fogies!

• Ya, but only cuz teach makes us

• POP ICE!!!!!!

• Total voters

Ted Wolff

Rookie
Do you write cursively?

I hadn't for the longest, but I'm now starting to use it more just for my own personal practice in handwriting and for giggles.

You have neglected an option for those of us physically unable. I, as a sufferer of dyspraxia, am doomed to messy handwriting forever.

Thanks a lot for rubbing salt in the wound, bigot.

BUNK BUNK BUNK!!!!!

I don't even bother writing in English at all by hand these days. Now I just scrawl down a sweet hieroglyph vernacular I make up as I go. SUCK ON THAT EDUCATION SYSTEM!

I voted "Nah, that shizz is bunk - for old fogies!" even though I do write in modern Victorian cursive. No one taught me how to write like that, I just kinda blended my mother's and father's handwriting together, which turned out to form near perfect modern victorian cursive. Who would've thought?

But yea, cursive is obsolete. There is no need for us to write in one stroke these days. Also cursive just doesn't fit in well with today's computerized world. It serves no purpose other than to look pretty.

GiftedMonkey said:
If TNO closes my poll and not this one, there is going to be hell to pay.

A conversation can actually develop from this. The uses of cursive writing today and doing away with teaching it in school is something people can have a conversation about. "THIS IS..." is well... not.

What about software recognizing handwriting and the coming mass production of electronic paper, Frozen?

Cursive will live on into the post-computer age!

Cursive handwriting varies a lot more than print. It requires more work to get the software to recognize cursive strokes properly. It is like trying to force a square into a circle by cutting out a square shape. Just give it up already, it isn't worth the effort!

Yep. The school I was sent to teaches you to write cursively from the age of seven/eight and demands you stick with it untill you leave at eighteen, by which time you'll be doing it anyway out of habit. I've had to go back to not writing cursively when I make notes to be read by other people as a couple of people on my course at Uni had trouble reading it. "Its very beautiful but...I don't get it" was something I heard often during my first week.

Whenever I get a paper handed back with comments hand-written on it, I struggle to make out many of the words. THAT SHIZZ IS BUNK!

FrozenBacon said:
Also cursive just doesn't fit in well with today's computerized world. It serves no purpose other than to look pretty.

mine doesnt look pretty =[ thats why i never write like that

im gonna say the same thing to you all that i said to my 5th grade teacher FUCK CURSIVE WRITEING.

I feel like I'm in 3rd grade when I write cursive, it's so frustrating. How many humps in a W, how do you do an I, what's V look like again, ugh...

I WRITE WITH CAPS LOCK ON.

Seriously, I have a (bad?) habit of writing in all upper case print. My english teachers hated it. but I really have trouble changing it.

HAHAHAHAHAH a dude i used to smoke with used "Bunk" all the time.

HAHAHAHAH "nah - that shit is BUNK son"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod