Content link adverts

Affen

Rookie
I just noticed that there's has appeared advert links to random words in the texts.
Vox Pop for example. Every sonic word has an advert link in them.

Please stick a baseball bat up Craves ass, this is getting out of hands.

Thank you!

I think this issue has been addressed many different times. It got really out of hand for a while over the summer and then Duke yelled at Crave a little and the last time I checked they were limiting the links to three per page. I doubt we can get any less than that, Crave needs to make money somehow and it's a decent, yet frustrating, way.

schimmel said:
Crave needs to make money somehow and it's a decent, yet frustrating, way.
No a decent way would be sticking to normal ads and just charging slightly more for them so theres none of this free pc scan virus bullshit.

I'm about ready to pay GR to not have ads, and with it, to not have Crave.

Here's an idear. How about GR has a donation system with monthly prizes for the top donator and a drawing.

De-Ting said:
I'm about ready to pay GR to not have ads, and with it, to not have Crave.

Here's an idear. How about GR has a donation system with monthly prizes for the top donator and a drawing.

Or how about they just have a donation system?

I'd gladly not buy a couple Xbox games if it means GR is '1,000,000th visitor! you get a prize!' free.

Google Adwords. I prefer this method to banner ads honestly.

Also, GR had had them for a long time... I'd say still complaining about them is pretty useless.

so...wait.....you're the one who told us all to stop whining and download ad-blocker and shit and use that, and you yourself don't even use it?

NickKmet said:
so...wait.....you're the one who told us all to stop whining and download ad-blocker and s*** and use that, and you yourself don't even use it?
maca said it, then I said it, then madster said it.

Gray block > ads

TNA Impact sucks.

you may have said it, but madster basically insulted us for refusing to accept the idea of needing to download an extra web browser with more external programs in order to block something that shouldn't be there or so invasive in the first place.

we all hate those text ads. i'm trying to sell crave the idea of turning off the text ads for people who are logged in.

NickKmet said:
you may have said it, but madster basically insulted us for refusing to accept the idea of needing to download an extra web browser with more external programs in order to block something that shouldn't be there or so invasive in the first place.
It's 1 program that you should have anyway.

it shouldnt be a hard sell seeing as Crave's other sites from my experience don't have the text ads, in all honesty though I side with stal, a couple highlighted words are a lot better than a seizure enducing banner screaming about how I'm the 1000000th visitor and I can enlarge my penis

Icepick said:
a couple highlighted words are a lot better than a seizure enducing banner screaming about how I'm the 1000000th visitor and I can enlarge my penis

But at the moment we have them both :roll:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle