Concerts

Green_Lantern

Forum Moderator
Staff member
So the last two nights down here in the KCMO I went to two pretty awesome concerts. Which got me to thinking, how about a concert thread!

So get to it! List all the concerts you can think that you've been to, maybe even rate them if you aren't lazy enough!

I've only ever been to one big concert in my life.

But I've technically been to four or five, maybe! When I was sixteen I went to a local music festival that was just local bands from around town. It was okay.

The next concert I went to was a few years ago. Again it was by another local band called Roy Mackonkey, but they're actually really good! Here's one of their most well known songs, Sleep Tonight - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWvoAdDfh7o

In 2013, as part of PAX AUS 2013, I saw MC Frontalot live, which was alright. I'm not very well versed in the "Nerdcore" rap genre.

2014 at PAX 2014 I saw Australian comedic band Tripod, they were really funny.

The biggest concert I went to was earlier this year. My girlfriend and I traveled to Brisbane, in Queensland Australia, to go see Lindsey Stirling live. The funny thing was, the concert had no seats, it was all standing, but at the time my partner had a bad knee so she was nervous at the idea of standing all night... so I called ahead of time and booked her a seat and when we rocked up, they gave us two tall seat stools by the edge of a balcony, so we honestly had the best seats in the house for no extra cost. It was so nice of them, can't believe they did it, made the night perfect. I'm surprised they gave me a seat too when I only asked for one for my girlfriend.

Lindsey Stirling puts on an amazing show. So much energy. I recorded quite a few of her songs with my phone and put 'em up on my Facebook.

UghRochester said:
I haven't been to any.

Oh man, why not? I'm sure Rochester has some pretty good ones.

And for the record the two that I went to the last two nights were two nights of Taylor Swift, and it was incredible.

Haha, awesome. I heard the stageshow she's putting on now is bonkers. It's nice when you can see the money up on the stage.

Depche Mode twice. Loved both times so much going on with video and stage. They remix their songs for the concert.

Third Eye Blind. Still one of my favorite bands live. Small ampitheater show with Vertical Horizon and Nine Days.

Beach Boys in the 80s with my parents.

311 and Incubus. So much fun and amazing mosh pit experience.

Weird Al. Dude works harder than anyone I've ever seen to entertain his audience.

Rob Zombie and Korn. I learned very quickly that I was t that metal. Also I should've worn my Jnco jeans.

Collective Soul and Creed! Meh.

Backstreet Boys. It ain't no lie...

Jessica Simpson. I had a girlfriend guys...

The Forum. Stumbled into a small club with them playing. Worth the extra money at the door.

Two Vans Warp tours.

The Aquabats. Why take acid when they retreate the experience for you?

Jimmy Eat World. Countless small clubs in high school.

I used to mosh to Ska bands back in high school.

No more concerts for me.

I don't even like taking drugs at concerts or raves.

Smashing Pumpkins in 1996.

Type O Negative in 1997.

Rammstein in 2012.

Deicide, Abysmal, Inquisition, and a couple other black metal bands last year.

Here's some videos I shot at the Rammstein and metal concerts.

I hope to see my brother's band Vile Desecration play when I'm in Tennessee next week.

I actually went to a music festival (?) this summer. Well, by "went" I mean "chaperoned my sister and step brother." We were there for a single band, PHOX, but when we got there, we had no idea what was going on. There was a ton of people gathered at an outdoor amphitheater, so we figured we must be in the right place. None of us had any idea who was performing. They opened with some dudes playing some kind of Green Day/My Chemical Romance kind of stuff, then some chick went on and they played some punk rock for an hour or so.

At that point, we were seriously questioning whether we were in the right place or not. We ate a pizza and just sat in the grass for a while longer until it became obvious that the chick's band wasn't about to stop playing anytime soon. We finally asked an attendant about it and he pointed us to a bar on the grounds called The Basement.

We went in, and they're not kidding. The place is pretty cramped, and nearly everyone has some kind of drink in hand. I'm actually really surprised we were allowed in. The music was also way too loud. They had it cranked up to stadium levels and we're in a basement-sized space. The band that was playing had guys wearing hockey helmets or something, and they played for over an hour. Then, finally, PHOX goes on. At this point, it's clear that I'm not having a good time. I just sat as far away from the stage as I could for most of their performance. A few songs in, and the singer says she's starting to feel a little tipsy because, surprise, she's been drinking the whole time. I briefly went over to where my sister and step brother were standing, and they said the singer was being strangely friendly to my step brother, who's, like, 17 or somethin'.

Anyway, my sister said she got to hear the songs she wanted, and we could go. The whole thing turned out to be a 6 hour ordeal. I was mentally prepped for about a 2-3 hour thing. I didn't want to crap all over my sister's time, though, so I didn't make a big deal out of it. Nothing bad happened, so it was fine.

I've never been a concert kind of guy. Mostly because I hate pop music, and what I do like tends to not be live in UK. Along with having quite a random music taste, no one else likes my music so I would go on my own!!

So I've only been to an Orbital concert. Which was pretty good, but since I'd just had an operation to remove my wisdom tooth I was kind of miserable on painkillers and red bull!

Some of the ones I've been to are

Taylor Swift X2

Ben Folds and Ingrid Michaelson

Shania Twain

MGMT

Foo Fighters and Weezer

Angels and Airwaves and Say Anything

Reel Big Fish

Blue Oyster Cult

And I'm sure there's others I can't think of.

Too many to name but my last one was Riotfest last weekend.

I saw Weezer (played Pinkerton on Saturday then Blue on Sunday all in their entireity), Prodigy, Wu-Tang Clan, and Alexisonfire.

I don't go to concerts too often. The last one was probably Atoms for Peace at Santa Barbara Bowl a couple of years ago, a supergroup with Thom Yorke (lead singer of Radiohead) and Flea (bassist of Red Hot Chili Peppers). I was in the front right near Flea, and watching him dance around the stage like a crazy person while playing was fun.

I saw quite a few aging rock acts in concert growing up since my parents always bought tickets whenever anyone was in town. Paul McCartney, Fleetwood Mac, Lynyrd Skynyrd, etc.

As for my favorite concerts, I'd have to go with The Black Keys or Wilco.

Zappa Plays Zappa: Twice in Orlando, FL and once in NC; greatest performances I've ever witnessed. I will attend their shows for as long as they continue to perform.

Queens of the Stone Age in Orlando in '07. They were promoting their "Era Vulgaris" album; good show. It was a surprisingly small and intimate venue. I was very impressed with the house engineer guys; a very comfortable volume. I didn't even have to wear my ear plugs.

Alice in Chains in Orlando '06 or '07: Ehhhh.

ACDC in Greensboro, NC in '01 during their "Stiff Upper Lip" tour. I'm not a big fan but I really enjoyed this show. They had a blow-up doll named "Rosie" that, when inflated, nearly reached the ceiling of the colosseum.

Green Day in '97 or '98 promoting their "Nimrod" album: very small and packed show. Also saw them in '02 with Blink 182. Both were good shows.

Ozzfest in '98 and '99. I had fun. I got to see Dimebag Darrel play with Pantera, even though I had no idea who they were.

Countless symphonic concerts and two operas: Strauss Jr's "Die Fledermaus" and Stravinsky's "Oedipus Rex." - I highly recommend the latter.

I know there are others, but I forget.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod