Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Frank West

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
dead-rising-2-case-west21295200411.jpg

Frank West was the protagonist of Dead Rising, the brilliant - though flawed - zombie sandbox beat em up. For the much improved upon sequel, Chuck Greene took over the top spot. Some fans were outraged that Frank (who had become the subject of more than a few Internet memes) was being replaced, and I just never understood that. Not only wad DR2 a better game but Chuck was a perfectly acceptable character.

The two met in DR2: Case West (which I haven't played yet) and now, in true Capcom fashion, the updated second version of DR2 will take place in an alternate universe where Frank is once again in Chuck's spot (Dead Rising 2: Off the Record). Is this necessary? What's the huge appeal of Frank?

He's covered wars, you know.

Seriously, though, Frank was definitely better than Chuck. He just... was.

Yeah but why? The capcom story and dialogue was just as silky in DR2!

Neither....

Honestly I hate Dead Rising, but I try to review it from a general audience stand point.

But to me? Dead Rising sucks.

It's just such a slog! It's like, if I wanted to move slowly, hit zombies with a a bunch of bull shit, not accomplish anything thanks to a shitty clock system, struggle with bosses thanks to badly designed enemies, and replay the same three hour stretch after I just died... I'd... I'd...

Fuck, Dead Rising sucks.

Frank waddled like a fucking idiot. But I liked that about him. I just imagined he shit himself the first time he saw the zombies and just never changed his underwear for the entire game.

No daniel, YOU suck. But the very fact that you suck makes you believe that other stuff sucks because you don't understand it since you suck at it.

From the few hours I got to see of Dead Rising 2 before I broke my PS3, the dialogue is just plain awful. The characters are awful. The story is awful.

Since I haven't been exposed to the first one yet, I'm going to have to say Frank, because Chuck is awful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod