Christmas is coming.

They must advertise that game nonstop or something.

Get them the older Skylanders and pretend that's the one they wanted and/or you didn't know any better.

The games are fairly entertaining from what my parent gamer friends say, I just hate the idea of paying $75 for a starter kit. And then buying additional ones, and the idea that the incessant badgering I'm receiving will start up when they want a new character or lose one.

Then you're either gonna have to man up and tell them no, and buy them something else like Pokemon that they'll likely enjoy anyway, or you're gonna have to man up and give your kids exactly what they want, no matter what the cost, in hopes that they'll someday look back on your sacrifice for them and think "he's a good dad."

A predicament indeed.

Get them cigarettes. It's a cheaper and less addicting habit.

Seriously though, whoever thought to make something with all the cost of video games and the kid marketability of toys is a genius.

I know right. I mean Guitar. Hero was pretty amazing but Skylandere is a periph makers wet dream. It's such a great business model.

Ultimately, I'm getting tired of being badgered about it every 5 mins. But I'm equally impressed by how much he knows. Also apparently characters are cross platform which is actually a great feature.

I'm so happy my son isn't old enough to want these things yet. I see them all the time and can't imagine the cost of having to buy them over and over again. I know eventually I will have to cause companies are going to use this model over and over again, but I hope to hold out on going down that road as long as possible.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod