Capital City- Mother Jones

What I'm curious is where did the almost $500 million that the lobbyist gave to both parties in Congress end up really going to?

I love Mother Jones, I'm just wondering why you are even reading it?

Also, let's start a politics rant thread.

Why the fuck are the conservotards all up in arms about Cspan coverage of the very little last leg of a Health Care bill they helped to completely neuter when Cspan has covered everything from day one, with archives on their site? They want to crucify Obama because he promised there would be coverage of the deleberation, and guess what- there was. Ample coverage. HOURS no WEEKS of it! All for you to look at, yet when there is mention of one private committee in just the democratic caucus the GOP and the teabagger tag alongs are up in arms.

What gives? Are things really that bad in Grand Old Party land?

That is perfectly worded by someone who has never watched Fox News. They will catch absolutely anything that the Democrats do slightly wrong just to rip on them. Listen to anything Bill O'Reily (AKA Bill O'Douchebag), Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, or Megan Kelly ever say. They will even contradict themselves if it'll make the other side look wrong.

But good on you for not watching Fox News, it's not worth anyone's time

StalfrosCC said:
I love Mother Jones, I'm just wondering why you are even reading it?

Also, let's start a politics rant thread.

Why the f*** are the conservotards all up in arms about Cspan coverage of the very little last leg of a Health Care bill they helped to completely neuter when Cspan has covered everything from day one, with archives on their site? They want to crucify Obama because he promised there would be coverage of the deleberation, and guess what- there was. Ample coverage. HOURS no WEEKS of it! All for you to look at, yet when there is mention of one private committee in just the democratic caucus the GOP and the teabagger tag alongs are up in arms.

What gives? Are things really that bad in Grand Old Party land?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... parency-p/

Maybe because the president is breaking a campaign promise? Silly Democratards.

Quote Obama: "I'm going to have all the negotiations around a big table. We'll have doctors and nurses and hospital administrators. Insurance companies, drug companies -- they'll get a seat at the table, they just won't be able to buy every chair. But what we will do is, we'll have the negotiations televised on C-SPAN, so that people can see who is making arguments on behalf of their constituents, and who are making arguments on behalf of the drug companies or the insurance companies. And so, that approach, I think is what is going to allow people to stay involved in this process."

schimmel said:
That is perfectly worded by someone who has never watched Fox News. They will catch absolutely anything that the Democrats do slightly wrong just to rip on them. Listen to anything Bill O'Reily (AKA Bill O'Douchebag), Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, or Megan Kelly ever say. They will even contradict themselves if it'll make the other side look wrong.

But good on you for not watching Fox News, it's not worth anyone's time

It always irks me when people say this sort of dribble. Fox news is total crap. We get that. Yet the conviction in which you all constantly say is insanity. MSNBC, NBC, CBS, CNN, etc. all are just as bad as fox. It's just another news outlet with a bias.

If you agree with Chris Matthews or Keith Oblerman, it's hypocritical to mock people that agree with Glenn Beck or Sean Hannity.

I don't agree with any news commentator, they're all full of shit if you ask me. I read the news, I don't watch it. And oh no, Obama is breaking one campaign promise, shall we recount all the promises Bush broke? And how much money he spent putting the country into the poor house?

schimmel said:
I don't agree with any news commentator, they're all full of shit if you ask me. I read the news, I don't watch it. And oh no, Obama is breaking one campaign promise, shall we recount all the promises Bush broke? And how much money he spent putting the country into the poor house?

Soooo you're complaining bush put us in the poor house with spending, yet the president will have spent more in one term then bush did in one.

And he has broken more then one. i was just answering stal's question about why the right is calling the president out on transparency. This isn't the hope and change you voted for, it's more of the same. Barack W. Bush, get used to it.

can't please everyone.

but hey, at least he's trying for healthcare reform. too bad the way he is doing it is a messed up way of doing it. but hell, when was the last time a president actually tried for healthcare reform.

also, on a sidenote, stop talking about bush like he is still in power. he isn't.

KoalaRainbowPoop said:
can't please everyone.

but hey, at least he's trying for healthcare reform. too bad the way he is doing it is a messed up way of doing it. but hell, when was the last time a president actually tried for healthcare reform.

also, on a sidenote, stop talking about bush like he is still in power. he isn't.

♪Come one, come all. Into 1994. Yeah, three, two, one. Lights, Camera, Transaction♫
Incubus, now they need to release a new album.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
schimmel said:

Soooo you're complaining bush put us in the poor house with spending, yet the president will have spent more in one term then bush did in one.

And he has broken more then one. i was just answering stal's question about why the right is calling the president out on transparency. This isn't the hope and change you voted for, it's more of the same. Barack W. Bush, get used to it.

when you inherit two wars with a retarded cost every day you try to not spend more money than your predecesor. Bush put us here and in order to fix it Obama has to spend more. Sadly that's the way problems get fxed. Either way, still better than the alternative... "I'm just sayin"

It's true, he did inherit 2 wars.

President Obama inherited two wars. He inherited 2 wars from the previous administration.

Barack Obama inherited two Bush wars.

hahah I just like the 'President inherited two wars' part. that's gotta suck for conservatives, to keep hearing it over and over again. it's like, "that last guy really fucked shit up, you get a free ride buddy!"

He used to co-own the Texas Rangers and the MLB steroid era pretty much began right there in the Ranger's dugout, right underneath the nose (wink) of Bush.

What am I saying? George Bush is a rebel who laughs in the face of danger, who thumbs his nose at Nancy Reagan's "Just Say No" campaign.
Bush would fit right in on these boards. I'd like to think there's a little bit Bush in all of us.

Chris_Crime said:
He used to co-own the Texas Rangers and the MLB steroid era pretty much began right there in the Ranger's dugout, right underneath the nose (wink) of Bush.

What am I saying? George Bush is a rebel who laughs in the face of danger, who thumbs his nose at Nancy Reagan's "Just Say No" campaign.
Bush would fit right in on these boards. I'd like to think that we all have a lil bit of bush.

fix'ed

StalfrosCC said:
In the War and Spending department... he does get a free Ride... because Bush did f*** us.

So you attack bush for spending yet Obama spends twice as much and he gets a pass because he's "fixing" mistakes by repeating them? Silly.

And regarding the wars: Afghanistan is not a "bush" war, it's a NATO war launched and approved by just about everybody at the time, in response to 9/11, something you all seem to forget. US happens to have the most involvement because that's what we do. However because of the Iraqi war, which, as I say every time we talk about it, and I'll put this is bold: was passed by a 77-23 bipartisan vote in the senate, and blew through the house as a bipartisan action. Why? because at the time, both parties wanted war; how it was handled and the proposal is all you can really blame on bush, and the democrats, which swept house in 06 and have had control over house/senate since then were better prepared to deflect blame. Really Iraq is something we should be pissed at both parties about.

About him "inheriting" two wars, the Iraqi war wound down before he got into office, so that's a bull shit claim. The Afghan war would have happened if Gore was in office instead of bush, so that claim is bull shit as well. Obama owns the Afghan war now with his own surge, success and failure is on him.

You read the article I posted; and Micheal Moore pointed it out in his latest film; Obama received the most money from wall street, and from the big health industry as well. The Healthcare bill and any bills regarding wall street now, Obama will not do a damn thing to help us; he's as corrupt as any other president, and his "hope and change" was a sweet lullaby to the common man's ear.

Both parties are shit. Quit being enslaved leftists and wake up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle