Campaigning has come to your console

Is this good or bad for gaming/gamer?

• Bad, now we'll be subject to propaganda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad, keep politics out of my games!

• Good, We're people too and we vote! You can't marginalize us anymore.

• Good, because I don't know who's running, cuz i never put down the sticks.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UrbanMasque

Everyone Wears a Mask
Obama has become the 1st presidential candidate to buy up ad space in a Video Game. I guarantee he will not be the last. TAKE THAT THOMPSON! I know people will take this topic lightly, but I see this as a HUGE leap forward for the credibility of gaming/gamers as a part of a "community". Whats that you say Mr. Congressman? Games are immoral and teach violence, and gamers are disconnected from reality? OH YEA?! We Vote TOO... Open mouth... Insert Foot! It wont happen over night, but it will be great to see candidates trying to sway gamers! and Kudos to EA for allowing this.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27184857/

081014-politics-vgames-bcol2-2p.standard.jpg
081014-politics-vgames-hmed12p.hmedium.jpg

I'm not sure what to make of this.....it's either a huge step forward for video games or a giant step backwards for politics.

These games need to come with pre-planned patches for when the election is over, because nobody wants to look at 2008 election posters while playing their 2012 football season.

De-Ting said:
These games need to come with pre-planned patches for when the election is over, because nobody wants to look at 2008 election posters while playing their 2012 football season.
They are changed when you are connected to the internet. Noticed this on Rainbow 6 vegas

Longo_2_guns said:
De-Ting said:
They are changed when you are connected to the internet. Noticed this on Rainbow 6 vegas
That was actually pretty cool. :) Even though the movie they advertised was garbage.

It's all the same to me. I mean, it's not like a billboard taking up less than 1% of the screen is gonna bother me when I zoom past it at 120 MPH in Burnout.

Those are fake, I believe.

But regardless, I have no problem with it. Games have been doing this for a while now anyway, why would it stop now?

LinksOcarina said:
Those are fake, I believe.

But regardless, I have no problem with it. Games have been doing this for a while now anyway, why would it stop now?

It is not fake, Mr. Skeptical.

LinksOcarina said:
Aren't there fake ones floating around the internet?

Maybe.

But I know the Obama ones in EA games are real.

And I agree with you. Campaigns can buy ad space anywhere. Games are popular. Seems like a simple connection.

I think its a good way to reach people and tell them to vote. Its not so blaring as TV ads, and it'll probably have an effect on gamers who will spend election day on their couch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle