Cajon's

Daddio

Regular
My father in law started working on building a new and better Cajon... compared to what musicans can buy in stores. Within a 7 month span he went from simply tinkering around, to finding what he wanted to craft and eventually getting Cajon's contracted out through store outlets in the city. He will be hitting up a few folkfest type festivals this upcoming summer and has also been in contact and sought out by a few well known and award winning Cajon musicians.(he's sold 35 to date).

He's also found a couple really good artists to paint custom faceplates for the instrument as well, it's actually rather narly what he's been able to do with a simple thought and how he turned it into a small business.

By now most people ask me "what in the blue hell is a cajon?". It looks like a box, all sides except for the face are constructed out of MDF and the faceplate is a thin sheet of plywood. You basically sit on it and start to play a beat on the faceplate, you can get pretty much most of the drum ranges you would get on a drumset ... but he decided to add an adjustable snare as well. You can tighten to add a raspy snare sound, or release the snare to make it sound like a bongo. There is also an option to have a pickup installed so it is playable through an amp.

They look like so;

Festival.jpg

DesignerSeriesA3.jpg

Campfire.jpg

Black.jpg

BigRed.jpg

I only know so much about Cajons lol, so if you're intrigued then you can find out more at www.heritagecajon.com .

I'm gonna be very nice because you are a swell guy, but kinda feels like you are trying to sell us something. I'd like to learn more about the subject, but not feel like I'm being sold something by some guy I don't really know too well...

Just my two cents.

Well if it feels offensive or 'cramming down the throat' like I have no problem changing the post. Wasn't my intention.

edit

I changed the last bit, hoping to make it not sound so 'pitchy' .. in all honesty I'm just proud of what he's done, he went from being a cripple and almost giving up on life to finding something he's really good at and he just turned 50 this year. Guess it's more personally inspired than anything else.

That's why I didn't come in here and rail on you like I would a spammer Daddio. I'm reading about these drums now. Very cool!

Trippysmurf said:
Is it weird that I thought this topic was about cajones and who has the biggest pair?
That's cojones.

Those things look cool. I don't know how to play one but if I had the money I would be interested, I'm always looking for new instruments to learn. Unfortunately I don't have the money, nor the time, so I'll just stick to staring at it thinking it looks cool

StalfrosCC said:
That's why I didn't come in here and rail on you like I would a spammer Daddio. I'm reading about these drums now. Very cool!

lol much appreciated Star, yer not as bad as they all make you out to be haha ..

Trippysmurf, actually get that a lot lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod