Borrowing games

UghRochester

https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester
Do you borrow games from friends and family? How about do they borrow games from you? Anyways, I've been weary about anyone borrowing my games. Sometimes they turn up "missing" and other times they scratch the hell out of my games. I'm the kind of guy that takes care of his games. I make sure whenever I'm done playing my game, I put it back in it's original case gently. So, it's okay for me to borrow games.

This topic originated, because I lend one of my bros Halo: Reach. After 7 months (I keep track how long with MS Word), I wanted to play it. Looks like I was wrong. They ended up having it sit on a chair somewhere and someone accidentally sat on it. Since I no longer live with my brothers, I noticed my games still look like new after several months. Again, do you fellas borrow games? Do you guys let others borrow your games?

wow, your bro is a dick.

Well, my brother borrows my DVDs all the time and never gives them back! Not only that - he claims they're his!! So I dont lend him anything anymore.

My niece sometimes uses my 360 to watch DVDs on, and I always make sure she handles things VERY carefully haha.
Dont think I'm as anul as you in lending games out etc. But I'd certainly think about the person I was lending it to before I did. I dont really borrow games, everyone else has mainstream taste - MW3, Fifa 12 etc so they dont particularly interest me.

I rarely borrow games from any one. If I ever do, it's because me or my friends have a game they don't want to buy that one of us has in our possession. We'll just back and forth the game whenever.

everyone borrows my games and blu rays, i never borrow anyone elses stuff, i just spend my money on it if i want it. not sayin' thats the smart or right thing either.

F** NO. When I was growing up I learned that lesson quickly. Now I call it what it is, Urban's Video-Game UNICEF Foundation. You give a game out to a "friend" be prepared to lose that game and that "friend".

And forget letting the rugrats use the system during visits or family gatherings. The spill S*** on it. parents totally dont understand the concept of hos hi-tech the system is and totally brush off the damage. F*** THAT SH**

I let my nephew borrow a game occasionally. Along with a stern lecture about how the video game will be treated, stored, and returned promptly within a week. And god help his little ass if he doesn't listen :x . No, he is usually good with my stuff, his own, however, is an entirely different story.

I never really had a problem letting my brother borrow games. Until I lent him CoD4 and he wound up selling it when he was short on cash one week. Now I just tell him no.

I try NOT to borrow games, because honestly, I'm horrible at remembering to return them. If I try to get ahold of someone to set up a time so I can return them, and it doesn't work out .. I just forget lol.

Now, that being said I NEVER let anything happen to the games I borrow, I treat them as my own. A buddy had lent me Fallout 3 and after a year and a half he came back into town (he moved to Japan to teach english) and he was really surprised there wasn't a scratch on the game.

The moment it leaves your posession is the moment it could possibly leave your life. I've been trying to get back my copy of FF12 for a year. I usually trade game-for-game if I don't trust the individual, or I trust them and just loan it. I remember a guy in college who had truckloads of DVDs. He had a laughable "contract" that he made you sign. He ended up getting robbed.

Kids are wonderful. So wonderful with there sticky little controller destroying hands. I bought an extra controller that I keep in my room because of my two...and I would even say they're better than most kids.

My friend loves loaning me stuff. I ripped his Prince of Persia manual, so I got him a giftcard to Best Buy. Aside from that...perfect record.

Borrowing blows on both ends, when I borrow someone I feel responsible to treat it as if they asked me to babysit their child. Growing up my mother never wanted me to let people borrow things and I thought that was mean until I let a friend borrow something and it was as if it drifted into a black hole and never existed. Borrowing is just a nicer way of saying "hey can I keep something that is yours to the point where you forget it's existence or you get so mad that we are no longer friends because I wanted to keep your copy of The Help"

I'm glad most of you agree with me. I thought it was just me being greedy. Urban and Bret, I totally agree with you on family and kids. I spilled stuff all the time. Kept doing it and never learned my lesson until I spilled one can of Mountain Dew on my game. So, now when I drink anything while playing, I sit my drink away my stuff.

I've been burned by letting people borrow games a few times in my life, but that doesn't stop me from loaning games to my friends, my brother, and occasionally his friends. If something happens, they would usually do their best to pay me back. I certainly don't have any "policies" against loaning.

You all are dicks.

Unless it's a game that neither of us would want to miss and/or would take days to complete (Skyrim), my friend and I take turns buying each new big release. We then would swap a game with each other as soon we're done with our respective games (i.e Uncharted 3 for Arkham City, etc.). Not really sure if this really counts as "borrowing" per se, but...

Hey, nobody said college life would be cheap!

Someone now-a-days asks me to borrow games
mfw

131530351238.jpg

-because now I have to be a dick and dance around saying a flat out "NO!"

If by some miracle I change my mind, they will only be allowed to borrow the game I never play or even remotely a have a chance of playing in the near future. And even then, it should be a trade of games/movies that favors you! So that if you do get the shaft (while it still hurts) it wont hurt as bad.

I don't really borrow games, but I have a rule. Sometimes people bring their games over to my house, and if you leave it here for longer than 3 months, I will trade that bitch in.

Any games that get left here, and someone forgets to grab it, I'll sell after 3 months.

If I borrow a game, then it sits there pretty until the person grabs it at some point. Anything I willingly borrow is safe. My friends know this rule, I'm upfront about it. yet, they still leave their shit laying all over the floor.

I consider it payment for having to clean up their frickin' soda cans and dirty plates, and vacuum up the potato chip crumbs. I have one friend who HIDES their soda cans. I move some furniture, and there is a huge pile of soda cans. Lately, I've been finding them stuffed under dressers.

I trade games back and forth with two people. My best friend and my sister. With my sister, I just give her games I think she'd like and don't even care, since I've played them all already. And with my friend, we trade comics and such also.

I once traded a kid and gave him a bunch of my favorite PS1 games that I thought he'd like. Never saw them again. I also once let my other sister borrow some games. She gave them to her girlfriend who then split up like three days later. Gee, thanks.

Sea-Change said:
Unless it's a game that neither of us would want to miss and/or would take days to complete (Skyrim), my friend and I take turns buying each new big release. We then would swap a game with each other as soon we're done with our respective games (i.e Uncharted 3 for Arkham City, etc.). Not really sure if this really counts as "borrowing" per se, but...

Hey, nobody said college life would be cheap!

I've done this too.

My buddy borrowed Black Ops and for some reason the idiot picked up his xbox while the disc was spinning. Now it freezes maybe 1/3 times you start the game up.

However I don't play it anymore. I just hope he doesn't do it to my Dark Souls disc while I wait for myself to get bored of skryim.

I let my cousin borrow Heavenly Sword and Resident Evil 5.

Apparently I didn't let him borrow Heavenly Sword, so I ended up just eating that and buying a used copy from Best Buy on the cheap later on.

RE5 got hairspray and dust caked on it so I just left it and picked up the Gold Edition on sale later on when I had cash.

Needless to say I don't let anyone borrow ANY of my games.

drathbone said:
My buddy borrowed Black Ops and for some reason the idiot picked up his xbox while the disc was spinning.

Sounds like a guy that used to tell the same story all the damn time at my usual poker game; except it really fucked up his xbox. The guy picks it up and flips it to plug in a controller and it makes some nasty sounds. And then the entire room went silent lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod