• Getting a Good Buzz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Drunk

• Sloppy Drunk

• Drink Until I Puke

• Drink Until I Puke, and then keep drinking. PUKE AND RALLY!

• Black Out

• So Drunk that you wake up the next morning in a strange bed with a female that resembles Beast Man l

• Whats Black Wenesday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Black Wednesday is the biggest drinking night of the year. Even bigger then New Years.

Its because Thanksgiving always lands on a Thursday. So naturally everyone gets that day off.

So what does someone do with a free day off in the middle of the week?

They drink! And drink and drink and drink.

So yeah, Black Wednesday is the biggest drinking night of the year. It's also a day to mark the change of currency in England..or something...I can't remember. Something with England's currency.

But regardless, go out and drink up.

But be safe, and have a DD. Po-po's are doing their jobs and cracking down hard tonight.

For the biggest drinking night of the year, it isn't very well known. I'm assuming it's something created by the youth of today within the last year or two, or specific to a certain geographic area.

Edit: Does the US Thanksgiving really always land on a Thursday!? Who planned that one!
With the exception of Christmas Day, New Years Day and Remembrance Day, all of our statutory holidays in Canada are on Mondays.

@Masterchris

No, Black Wednesday certainly isn't a new thing. My parents used to celebrate it. Its probably that the youth DON'T practice it as much anymore, and thats why its not well known.

But yes, Thanksgiving always lands on a Thursday. Why? I do not know...but it does.

We Americans are crazay

^Third Thursday of November. Always. It is really nice to keep it on one day of the week.

Also- I've never heard of Black Wednesday...

Wait... I have!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Wednesday

Um... I'm sure a lot of people were drinking that day but it had nothing to do with the story our fine fellow fed us... and it didn't even happen in November...

/shrug.

i dont know, i'm native so i'm privy to know some of the largest alcoholics, and i've never heard of black weds, moreover, thats an american celebrated day if its to be believed it is at all celebrated

i'd still say new years is bigger, considering it's global effect

Damn,

Anyone live in Chicago? Seems to be big here cause everyone knows about it.

Well, pass the news along people! Get hammered tonight!

I too haven't heard of black wednesday. Why would they call it black wednesday? There's already a black tuesday. And the only reason i knew american thanksgiving fell on a thursday is because of the football games.

StalfrosCC said:
^Third Thursday of November. Always.
That's gay. You never get a long weekend out of it! Thanksgiving here is always the second Monday of October. As I said, all holidays except Christmas, New Years and Remembrance Day are on Mondays, so you're always guaranteed a long weekend :D

Predatorian234 said:
Well, pass the news along people! Get hammered tonight!
Can't, because I have to work tomorrow.

black friday i know. never heard of black wednesday, but i just got back to my parent's house from my first helicopter ride and have poured a preliminary glass of wine.

asshat.jpg

I don't need a special excuse to get right f*cking blitzed. But, seeing as I just donated some blood today, I may.b Too bad I didn't have a bag too...oh well, can't have it all. Well, I can, but just not this time.

You know American Thanksgiving used to be on the fourth Thursday of November? President Roosevelt moved it forward one week in order to get the Christmas shopping season started early.

Woohoo!

I find it hard to believe that this "black Wednesday" that none of us have heard about is bigger than St Patrick's Day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod