Black Lives Matter vs. All Lives Matter: A Social Experiment

This is stupid.

If he really wanted to show an honest reaction he'd have had a Black man in the white neighbourhood or vice versa.

I miss the days when pranks were just pranks and not pretending to be intellegent social commentary. Bring back Saxy Saxophone Sax man.

WickedLiquid said:
This is stupid.

I miss the days when pranks were just pranks and not pretending to be intellegent social commentary. Bring back Saxy Saxophone Sax man.

I agree, this is a dumb video. I hate "social experiments". It's like the content creator (so this guy, Joey Salads or whatever the crap his name is) is just taking a topic that could be deemed as controversial, something he knows will get people talking, piss people off etc. all for self gain.

He's obviously a popular YouTuber with over a million subscribers, so it's evident that YouTube is his source of full time income. The more views he gets, the more money he earns. Controversy is a money maker.

Social experiments can be staged and improvised as well, I'm not saying this particular video is, but there's always a chance that it's staged.

I remember one Australian YouTuber was caught on the news, because he made a social experiment video that involved him pretending to be blind and asking people to correct change for him and they then stole his money. All the people in his video were paid actors, who didn't actually know what they were filming until the day of filming, and they were instructed to just take the money and walk away.

In regards to the actual video itself, I think it's dumb because all he's doing is saying either "Black lives matter" or "All lives matter" and then he asks some questions. He reminds me of those nagging people who try to sell you crap on the street.

He's not really providing his thoughts on potential solutions nor is he providing information on what people can do to help or gain more information. By himself, he's got no passion behind his apparent cause. If this is his idea of creating awareness, it's stupid, it looks so fake and uncaring. He doesn't even talk to that many people, but to be fair, that's just what the camera and editing tells us... for all we know, he could have spoken to lots of people. For example, he could have spoken to over a hundred people when carrying the "All Lives Matter" sign, but he may have only chosen to use what he felt were the "best", e.g. the people trying to beat him up, basically to try and further strengthen his point and create further controversy.

The two locations he's filming at... the first location is obviously what they deemed a safe location. This is because the camera person is up close. The second location, they knew it was going to be dangerous and they knew they were going to piss someone off, so the camera is off much further away, probably hiding in a car. To me it feels almost like a set up.

He's wearing the same bloody clothes though in both situations, so the video was probably filmed in less than a day. Very lazy work.

This Joey Salads guy seems like a massive douche, taking a topic that people may find controversial because it's what everyone is talking about. He's a shit stirrer, stirring the pot, all just to try and get more views.

Mate, what a wanker.

And for the record, I miss Saxy Saxaphone Man too.

WickedLiquid said:
This is stupid.

If he really wanted to show an honest reaction he'd have had a Black man in the white neighbourhood or vice versa.

Regardless, it's still pretty fucked up.

Anything that's "BLANK" Lives Matters should be fucking completely ignored. Is a disgrace and mockery to a real social movement. I can't stand that shit. Especially knowing people who are in BLM movements and are affected by anti BLM movements. People don't understand how incredibly real this shit is. It's not a joke and it's not a game.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle