Best Video Game Intros

While searching for NHL clips on YouTube, I stumbled upon the intro to one of my favorite games, NHL 99. After watching the clip at least 20 times, I remembered how much the introduction alone got me riled up enough to want to body check my dog against the wall (never happened though, thankfully). The only reason I like the clip is probably because I'm such a hockey fanatic :). Here's the clip:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YkdKksI_Fhk&search=nhl

I also like Dawn of War's and World of Warcraft's intros as well, but don't own either game.

What are your favorites?

I think Warcraft 3's intro and short story intervals throughout the game are amazing - the first time I watched those it just....I cried I was so happy and intrigued!

Final Fantasy 8's intro really got me in the mood for the game. the great fight sequence with weapons and magic and the spectacular music was just perfect.

Final Fantasy 8 had a great intro. Really good.

I also liked the mysterious and somewhat scary (at the time) intro of Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of time.

The Age of Empires II intro with the two guys playing chess and all the stuff actually happening was awesome. And Metal Gear Solid 2, because the music got me really pumped.

Deus Ex 2 had a pretty cool intro, if I remember correctly. So did Return to Castle Wolfenstein. I think WoW's intor video is also pretty cool.

Uhm...this is tough.

I really enjoyed MGS3's intro for the first time even though it was really long. It got really boring after seeing it once.

While the game was entirely average I found the intro for Perfect Dark: Zero to really set the tone of the whole spy game...very bond. Thats all that really came to mind...but yeah FF8's intro did rock.

C&C Generals and Generals Zero Hour, Age of Mythology, FF8, and the War of the Monsters intro's all kicked ass.