Best Game Music

Tyrranis

Veteran
What games do you guys reckon have the best soundtracks?

Games that use real life music (eg GTA:SA and Burnout 3) do not count.

I personally love the TimeSplitters: Future Perfect music track.

Metal Gear Solid- Quiet sneaking, upbeat chases
Final Fantasy 7- Some great music, especially the battle music
DMC3- I enjoyed the metally soundtrack
Resident Evil- Honestly some of the best scary mood setting music ever!
Wild Arms: One of my favorite intro songs

Just a few of my favorites

I like the X3: Reunion music, very peaceful for when your on a long trading trip, marvelling at the planets.

All Silent Hills have a great soundtracks. Silent, lurking danger has probably never been so well expressed.
And I just love 'Theme of Laura'. It's a beautiful instrumental that so well reminds about the game. And it's a nice piece of music even without the game. Also Joe Romero's 'Hometown'; a lyrical version of the original Silent Hill theme.

FF7 also has some powerful themes like 'One Winged Angel'. Also reminds about the game when I here it.

Chrono Cross -theme comes into my mind often when listening other game themes. It has such a working and basic game theme music, which isn't easily forgotten. Sort of a mixture of pirates and fantasy...

And speaking of pirates: Barber's Pirate Song from Curse of Monkey Island. "A pirate I was meant to be; trim the sails and roam the sea..."

Liberi Fatali-FF8 (spans so much, and reminds me so little of FF8, but so much of the wonder of what the imagination can conjure listening to it.)
One Winged Angel-FF7 (Ah the final battle, and all the best limit breaks, including sephiroth's own super nova. Reminds me of that game so much.)
Silent Hill-Silent Hill (Sends a tingling up my spine everytime I hear it, it WAS the scariest game I ever played.)
The Resident Evil Outbreak(end), and Biohazard Outbreak Main Title(beginning)-Resident Evil Outbreak. Perhaps two of the best resident evil pieces ever composed, the openning movie with the ambienent theme dark and brooding as william spread the T-Virus and Umbrella's commandos lay dying, and the music as the last remaining people struggle to survive as the command and control aspects of the city try to control the outbreak and the growing destruction.

The Monkey Island main theme is one of my all time faves. The Wild Arms theme is another good one. And, of course, the Mario Bros Theme song always makes me happy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod