Best customer service

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Solaris10, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Solaris10

Solaris10 Rookie

We always had or have heard dreadful stories of bad customer service. But, sometimes, some company just do better than others. Which company gave you the best customer service?

For me, it was, strangely Nintendo.

Patient and truly tries to help you, the guy I spoke with was really helpful and fun. I tried the french and english service and they are both equally good.

2. Kijan

Kijan Rookie

On my Mage I put 3 points of 3 in improved Blizzard but they still suck when it comes to handling customers. :p

Best? Nintendo for sure. :)

3. keepithowitis

keepithowitis Rookie

I don't call customer service all that often because my things generally work all the time. Microsoft customer support is one thing I can't understand why it was outsourced. Half the people have some accent that makes it impossible to understand what they're saying, and the other half are either very nice, or total assholes.

I've gotta say though, although this isn't gaming, the Verizon Wireless customer service is great.

4. Kiristo

Kiristo Rookie

Newegg is pretty good. My most hated is Corsair, but that is a really long story.

5. AMANIAC

AMANIAC Rookie

I'm not being racist, but i'd really like to have someone to talk to who i can actually understand, microsoft sells me a faulty 360 and then i have to speak to someone who i can't understand, i then get told that my warranty has run out and that i've got to buy a new one.

6. Kiristo

Kiristo Rookie

MS is not the only company that outsources to India. Not sure why so many people do. Try something that you actually troubleshoot over the phone rather than send in, like a blackberry or blackberry server. Much harder than trying to get a Xbox part replaced, and asking the same thing like 4 times after being on hold for 2 hours is a little frustrating, still they usually do a good job, so I wouldn't rate their customer service as poor.

7. masterchris

masterchris Rookie

I have never once had to talk to somebody at customer service for anything gaming related.

8. spanky1113

spanky1113 Rookie

The customer service for Final Fantasy XI. They've got an online chat where I've never waited more than 5 minutes to talk to someone, and when connected, was able to carry on a casual (and entertaining!) converastion and got the problem taken care of.

Worst would have to be my credit card company...

9. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I recently had to send in my 360 and the lady I was talking to noticed that my warranty was good until February 2107. So apparently, someone made an error in the past and instead of having an expired 2007 warranty, I had a full 99 year warranty. She just said, "Merry Early-Christmas, I guess!" and kept it the way it was.

She's going to heaven, or being reincarnated as a priest or whatever.

10. Solaris10

Solaris10 Rookie

God used, you are a lucky one!