Battlefield 4

So what's the deal with this? Do people even care? Seems really early for a BF4 since BF3 is still doing strong and now reaches a wider base thanks to general hardware improvement in PCs. They tried to hype up the elevators and terrain changes but that's only one map. I think they're launching with something like 8.

PC? X1? PS4? Current-gen? (Please don't get current-gen)

I don't care for it. It's not my kind of military shooter. Some people enjoy slower paced games with motion blur coming out the wazoo, and that's great because it gets them out of my hair, but I simply am not entertained by it.

I think it, like many upcoming games, is losing a ton of hype because of the cross-gen thing. Everybody is just going to wait. And if they're not getting a next gen system right away then it still feels like you're going to be playing the inferior version against a reduced player base.

I tried the BF4 beta at a friend's house and it looked like barf and sort of played like barf. I know it's a beta, but I'm a BF fan and it was still very unrewarding.

From what I can see, it's Battlefield 3 with more filters and issues. No thanks. Especially since I've just gotten into BF3.

I care.

But no gunmaster mode which is a huge disappointment to me as it was my favorite mode. Some people complain that it feels too call of duty but actually the mode was taken from Counter strike, Not COD.

Destructibility isn't really upgraded other then the main map destruction event(Which is cool and changes the map)

AMDs low level hardware API called "mantle" is suppose to allow a AMD290x to smoke a nvidia titan but "mantle" wont be released till late December. Also Microsoft has stated even though the xboxone will support dx11.2 they will not allow it to use AMDs mantle api. Could this mean better performance on the ps4?

The game is a lot of fun and is a upgrade over BF3 but with my current work schedule I never get to play with my clan. Really my enjoyment of Battlefield(And most multiplayer) comes from my being able to voice chat with my friends and work together as a team. With all the new games on the horizon Im going to sit BF4 out. Maybe Ill pick it up one day when I have no new games and its on sale.

I cant exactly quantify how much of a upgrade it is over BF4.
Its not the next second coming of Jesus. Its small tweaks and upgrades to battlefield with map events that cause significant changes to parts of the map(Moreso then was in BF3, Some of these are also triggered by the players) It also has networked dynamic water and better representation of weather. Squads now get 5 people and all the squad perks have been changed over to a performance system that activates a offensive or defensive perk line as you gain points for helping your squad. Different classes now get a couple different weapons and devices. Of course most of the maps are new(They are bringing back a couple old ones though)

If your bored of BF3 and have played it to to death with your friends its worth getting BF4. If all your friends leave for BF4 its probably also worth just joining them in BF4.

So basically, it's a bunch of small changes over BF3?

Awesome. I'll get it when it gets to 20 bucks.

3 with its balance issues and private servers left such a bad taste in my mouth. Here is nothing worse than getting cross map sniped by a dude with explosive shot gun ammo. Oh wait. There is. Having a good game and getting booted from the server because the owner is on the other team.

They lost my money last game.

Yeah PS3. It's still the better franchise between it and COD but...I still feel absolutely cheated by my last purchase.

When they goofed with the servers (and started charging for everything, locking features behind paywalls) is when me and my four friends stopped playing Battlefield 3. We're thinking of getting Ghosts this year, if any shooter.

I'll be going with Ghosts on Xbox and BF on PS4. My computer handles the game well, but it's not Ultra settings and I'd rather clear the space on my SSD.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Playnft