Batman: Arkham City

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I'm sitting in the courthouse jury duty waiting room, hoping to be sent home soon but in the meantime: OFFICIAL TOPIC TIME.

http://community.batmanarkhamcity.com/community

New Mr. Freeze trailer shown today. The list of rogues keeps growing but hopefully they keep some secret too. I'm reading the Paul Dini comic series right now that sets up the upcoming game. It's making me more excited for the game than it should. Great, old-school Batman writing. I'm looking forward to Catwoman being interlaced through the story (and having her own playable segments!).

Still not a fan of the way they visualized Harley Quinn.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut...

Asylum was soooooo good! Can't even begin to tell you about my love for it. And the concepts they're using for Catwoman and Two-Face are great. I guess what I loved the most about the last one was that they showed the depth of the Rogues gallery without utilizing all of them. I really hope that Clayface gets a boss battle. I also hope the final boss battle isn't as disappointing as the Joker one.

I know what you mean about the rogues gallery in the last game. Finding the Riddler hints along with all of the villain profiles was incredible. I love that they included some more obscure characters and fully illustrated them all in the same concept art style as everything else. It really gives me hope that they'll have a ton more of those guys actually included in this game.

And the Riddler challenges should be even better this time around, with a full city to explore and all.

[quote="used44"And the Riddler challenges should be even better this time around, with a full city to explore and all.[/quote]
They are.

And used, eventhough I recently stated my opinion on the unnecessary ownership of smartphones. Your day at the courthouse beats the crap out of the one I did a little ways back.

Have they said which Robin this is going to be? Kinda thought this series was establishing it's own universe sorta so it could be Dick, Jason or Tim. I'm guessing Tim or that they don't even mention that and he's just "Robin."

Robin - Tim Drake
And he's only going to be available in Challenge Rooms, so I'm guessing that your not going to get a lot from him.

61619.png

Longo_2_guns said:
I'm a little worried they'll shove too much s*** in and it'll be a big clusterfuck.

I can see this being a problem. Another problem I see is no BATMOBILE! Fuck me, if they don't put it in this "open world," "3 times bigger than AA" game I''m gonna be pissed.

Bretimus_v2 said:
And he's only going to be available in Challenge Rooms, so I'm guessing that your not going to get a lot from him.
Spoilering so that people like Used don't have stuff ruined for them...
Word has it he'll appear in the storyline as well, like how Catwoman shows up for some story/side-missions.

Goddamit I wish I didn't know so much about this game.

You know, maybe I'm crazy or whatever, but I just couldn't get into Arkham Asylum. The graphics are awesome, gameplay isn't bad...but I'm just not a fan of Batman.

danielrbischoff said:
Bretimus_v2 said:
Spoilering so that people like Used don't have stuff ruined for them...
Word has it he'll appear in the storyline as well, like how Catwoman shows up for some story/side-missions.

Goddamit I wish I didn't know so much about this game.

That must suck. See, I'd love to become a Game Journalist, but shit, I enjoy hype trains.

CloacalKiss said:
Longo_2_guns said:
I'm a little worried they'll shove too much s*** in and it'll be a big clusterfuck.

I can see this being a problem. Another problem I see is no BATMOBILE! f*** me, if they don't put it in this "open world," "3 times bigger than AA" game I''m gonna be pissed.

Yeah all I've seen so far seems to be Bats zipping and gliding across rooftops, which has a very Spidey feel. I'm guessing if there is any vehicle component it will only serve as a "taxi" moving you quickly across the map.

used44 said:
CloacalKiss said:
Longo_2_guns said:

I can see this being a problem. Another problem I see is no BATMOBILE! f*** me, if they don't put it in this "open world," "3 times bigger than AA" game I''m gonna be pissed.

Yeah all I've seen so far seems to be Bats zipping and gliding across rooftops, which has a very Spidey feel. I'm guessing if there is any vehicle component it will only serve as a "taxi" moving you quickly across the map.

I would buy 3 copies if I could ride around in the Batmobile while running people over.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Playnft