Banning violent games will help make a social utopia?

when politicians have no political cause, or are just plain bored - they pick stupid causes like this to rally around. Ban games? never gonna happen.
Arent there more pressing issues that could use their attention.

Uh....

There will never be a social utopia in our lives, because that is an impossible notion essentially.

So he should give it up.

David Cameron's a moron, wasn't he trying to appeal to the younger generation not long back (and looking like a cock in the process)? This is a bit of a 180, although strangely just as equally shit.

Sam

used44 said:
We all know how utopias in England work out...

Way to go at forgetting several countries.

UrbanMasque said:
when politicians have no political cause, or are just plain bored - they pick stupid causes like this to rally around.

You may want to read up on David Cameron some more. He has a lot of political issues to deal with at the moment, demanding games be less violent (he never claimed to want them completley banned, I watched his press conference, he just wants the violence toned down) is just one of the topics on his agenda.

maca2kx said:
David Cameron's a moron, wasn't he trying to appeal to the younger generation not long back (and looking like a c*** in the process)?

Don't tell me you've already forgotten his, "Hi, you can call me Dave!" campaign of yester-year. The best part about this is, a majority of middle class British males aged 20 - 30, you know, the guys who you desperatly want to appeal for votes, are gamers. DC's about to lose a lot of votes he'd worked so hard for. I don't get what happened, because two months ago he was doing well, now he's the definition of bumblefuck.

Grey said:
used44 said:
We all know how utopias in England work out...

Way to go at forgetting several countries.

I know there are more countries than England in the UK, I was more trying to make a joke about the amount of fictional depictions of negative utopias and dystopias are set in England, or even more specifically, London. 1984, V For Vendetta, Children of Men, blah blah blah.

JOKE FAILED! :)

Thing is we're in a nanny state that's actually trying to work towards a Utopia at the moment, so yeah that will go way over my head when its that vague. The government is actually confused as to why so many people are leaving this country, why Scotland still thinks independance would be a good idea (seriously there's a huge list of new reasons for it) and why everyone is pissed.

Oh and lol Cameron is EU double for Thompson.

Grey said:
used44 said:
maca2kx said:
David Cameron's a moron, wasn't he trying to appeal to the younger generation not long back (and looking like a c*** in the process)?

Don't tell me you've already forgotten his, "Hi, you can call me Dave!" campaign of yester-year. The best part about this is, a majority of middle class British males aged 20 - 30, you know, the guys who you desperatly want to appeal for votes, are gamers. DC's about to lose a lot of votes he'd worked so hard for. I don't get what happened, because two months ago he was doing well, now he's the definition of bumblefuck.

Not forgotten, repressed.

Sam

Well, obviously the first step toward establishing a utopia in the United Kingdom is to just fucking get rid o' Scotland, so I don't know what the government is worried about! ;)

But.. but.... everything American television has taught me about the Scottish..... Lies?

It would create a social utopia. Our social gathering grounds are now forums, and xbox live for A LOT of people.

It use to be arcades, so instead of banning videogames I say we bring arcades back.

this guys a tool. like video games are the only thing wrong with our society. guns, drugs, streetgangs, depression? they dont affect society adversely, they can stay. but violent video games need to go

The whole point of violent videogames, as I tend to see it, is so that individuals may engross themselves in virtual violence to avoid the actual impulse to engage in it in reality. Violent videogames exist to entertain and find a need in people to be destructive and ill willed towards other people and things. If we can find a more managable way to use this as an outlet, perhaps the only place violence might occur is in the entertainment media and video games and art. Perhaps the location to place all these destructive desires already exist but just aren't properly handled or tended to. hm. Thought processes whirling.

-dL

i reckon that david cameron's parents never bought him a playstation so he's tryin to take it out on our generation

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod