Ballers review problem

Discussion in 'Support' started by PlayMadness, May 10, 2008.

1. PlayMadness

PlayMadness Rookie

In the review for NBA Ballers: Chosen One, the reviewer (I forgot who it is off the top of my head) states that the game is incorrect in thinking Yao Ming's name is "Ming Yao."

In fact, Ming is Chinese, and, like most other Asian countries, they state their surname first, and their given name second. Therefore, he is in fact Ming Yao in the native English naming custom.

As you can see in the below Wikipedia page, Ming's family name is Yao. It's stated right at the beginning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yao_Ming

2. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah, that's why his jersey says "Yao" on the back of it. Like yours would say "Johnson" or "Smith".

3. JP_Hurh

JP_Hurh Rookie

Playmadness, You are absolutely correct. I thought Ming was his surname, but you're right, Yao is. Still it seems strange for the game to list Allan Iverson as A. Iverson, Dwight Howard as D. Howard, and then Yao Ming as M. Yao. But you are correct and I'll see about adding a note in the review.