Attn: Comic Book Ner-Umm...Experts.

C_nate

Rookie
So I used to be a casual comic book reader back in the 90's. Mostly X-Men and Spawn but a couple of others here and there. During that time I came across three old comics that I was able to add to my collection. I totally forgot about them until I found them again recently because we are getting ready to move and packing everything up.

Anyway, I know there are a couple of people here who are into comics so I was wondering if any of you knew off hand if these were worth anything or not? I know there used to be a price guide (Wizard I think) but I don't know where to look anymore.

First up we have Web of Spiderman #1&2
d80c80e4-1578-4368-b8c4-6b150ab99327.jpg
/
cb9130ee-3c96-46a9-a28d-4251ff555d79.jpg

Both are in pretty good condition, no major damage or flaws.

The last one is Green Lantern #2
14cb5514-48cd-4c8a-af8b-7cdc61de163f.jpg

This one is a little more beat up but is in still fair to good (fairly good?) condition.

Thanks for any info.

From my understanding comics need to be in mint condition in order to be worth the big bucks.

I also have a big collection of 90's comics and it would be nice if they were worth something today. Like issue #1 of X-Men volume 2 or the comic where Superman was supposed to die at the hands of Doomsday (until it was revealed they were just trolling us). But I doubt they're worth squat.

Did that superman have a bright green cover? Because I think that was the only comic I owned as a kid. I didn't really get into them until I was an adult who could afford things.

It looks like this.

1574_400x600.jpg

At the time it was believed this would be the last Superman comic ever. We were so gullible back then.

No, you're just gullible.

And unfortunately, they aren't worth that much. If they have a CGC of 9.5 (which would basically mean you put them in plastic and never read them) you would probably be able to get a couple bucks for them. But that's about it. At least, I looked up the prices of those comics and they're relatively cheap.

Oh well, thanks for checking for me though, appreciate it.

I still have that superman comic too. I bought one to read and one that I never opened thinking it would be worth something someday. Little did I know at the time that they printed like millions and millions of them making them worthless.

Then I started to buy all the spin off ones where there were like 4 different Supermen all claiming to be the "real" one until I wised up and saw what they were doing.

WickedLiquid said:
Longo_2_guns said:
No, you're just gullible.

Were you even aive in 1992?
I was just commenting in general.

And yeah, that kind of stuff is always happening in comics. Because crossovers and deaths sell comics, and comics are hard to sell nowadays.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle