Anything in Memphis

Bretimus_v2

So tired.
Is there anything to do out that way? I'm going to be out there for a business trip and may have spare time to spend. I'd rather that it was directed to something more than sitting around the hotel. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

They said Memphis have a great restaurants and foods, why not try eating and explore their exotic foods??

Go to Corky's. Best BBQ I ever done had.

Graceland (As seen in This Is Spinal Tap!), if you're into that. You can take a tour Sun Studios, the place where Elvis, Johnny Cash, B.B. King and others recorded their tunes. Mud Island is this pretty cool to-scale model of the Mississippi River system.

BBQ...check! Yeah, looks like I'm going to have a ton of fun in Memphis, it was originally going to be in Dallas/Fort Worth. I'll probably try and swing by Sun Studios, but I've heard Graceland is a dump.

Got back last night, all my free time was during the evening so I didn't have a lot of sightseeing. But holy crap, I think I ate more red meat last week then I have in the last three months. (It got to the point that I was ordering salads for lunch.) But the BBQ was indeed amazing. Everything museum was closed when we rolled around but I got to see the Lorraine Motel (pics). They've actually converted the whole thing into the National Civil Rights Museum (which even has it's own 24-7 protestor). For the most part, I just hung out on Beale Street with friends and listened to music. If you ever end up in Memphis (I don't know why you would, but hypothetically...), spend some time there. There are a ton of bars and each of them boasts "the best" live music (some of them fulfill on that promise) and the BB King All-stars are the proverbial shit! There's also a Coyote Ugly, but from what I heard...they're living up to the 'Ugly'. The crappiest part was the fact that BB King himself was going to play in the club the evening that we left.

Considering I haven't taken any vacation this year, the evenings made for a nice relaxer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod