Anyone else here eat healthy?

lokness

Rookie
As in calorie counting or similar? I eat clean and im on a cut, i would like to hear if anyone else is in or has been in a similar spot as i am.

Other than removing soda and high fructose corn syrup out of my diet, and trying to eat a balance of beef and poultry, I feel that if we've been eating certain foods since the dawn of civilization and we still exist, why stop now?

So that means milk, beer, bread, beef and fish.

Good on you dude, i've cut all the crap out since last year or so and the taste of softdrinks and shit taste so artificial.

Does anyone else find it odd how this thread has over 1k views but hardly any post? sure is a lot of lurkers in here.

I had cut out drinking soda for about 2 months, but fell off the wagon when I hurt my back. At the time I was also working on cutting out salt and any other sugars, fast foods etc. I USED to (when I was single and without wife/kids) eat clean, basic foods and it never bothered me with the lack of taste. I HAD cut down over 70 lbs and was pretty built, which is what attracted my wife lol.

Well, it's been almost 5 years since then, a lot has happened and I gained back the weight. I've been off work for 2 months with a back injury and fighting with insurance to get paid, so with lack of funds I've been eating what I can afford.

Sent in an appeal last week, if it works in my favor I'll be using the time off while getting paid to kick it back into drive.

I watch what I eat. But I dont go into severe detail like Calorie counting or anything like that. I keep away from fast food and desserts, that's pretty much it ha.

good luck with the insurance battle ma man.

I'm a pretty slim guy. Mostly, I eat cereals, oats and other grains, and peanut butter. I don't really care for desserts or fall for the advertising "charm" of fast-food, and I don't drink soda, alcohol, non-herbal tea, or coffee. I also don't chew gum or indulge in fattacular snack foods.

We're on a low budget, so my mom doesn't exactly serve us health food, but she's a vegan and is usually conscious about what kind of crap she's putting into us.

There are some good snacks out there that are better for you.

Potato Chips: Sun Chips. Granted most potato chips aren't that great for you, but health kettle cooked and sun chips are slightly better for you as a snack.

If you have a Whole Foods or other similarly "healthier" supermarket, check for when they have sales. Sometimes they have great deals, that if you buy and freeze, you can enjoy healthier meats for later.

lokness said:
Good on you dude, i've cut all the crap out since last year or so and the taste of softdrinks and s*** taste so artificial.

It was bad for a while, drinking large cups of soda every day. I finally got sick of it and have limited myself to 1 soft drink per week. Mostly drink water and beer now. Its still a bit hard at work trying to get something with flavor with no fructose corn syrup, but there are a few gems out there.

I've cut out soft drinks for well over a year now. The only thing I ever drink at home or at work is water. I have milk, but I use it for cereal and coffee.

If I'm out with friends I'll drink beer or liquor and I'll have a soda if I'm out for dinner. But 5 days a week I drink nothing but water.

It's all you need really. Even when people are thirsty, the best thing to drink is water because other drinks will usually make you more thirsty. As for fruit juices, they're just a poor substitute for the real thing.

Since I became a student living away from home. No. No I don't. But then I never really watched what I eat, I just liked to eat fruit and veg occasionally.

5' 5''. 230 pounds last time I weighed myself.

I used to be upwards to 300 but I did slim down a bit. My problem is I only eat chicken and fish, basically. I also have cut down on the harder stuff as much as possible, like snacks and what not, but it is difficult, especially when I am literally rushing EVERY DAY OF THE DAMN WEEK to get to either a class, a seminar, work, a library, or to update the showdown :p.

Speaking of which, check the showdown tomorrow for an update...i'll be in class in about an hour and until 10 PM....

I eat healthy but not to lose weight... I just do! Yay tofu!

...you guys are hating me now, aren't you :(

Diabolus said:
You're only 5'5? You little rotund bastard, you. :p

You must look like a barrel with ears.

It is not THAT BAD, thank you very much....

is it?

MeandJason.jpg

I am on the right in the pac-man shirt.

I don't eat healthy, but I am 6 foot even, altho about 250. I need to lose about 70. Be nice, but it's hard to do when you're stuck at school and the only decent food is a brown banana that costs a dollar.

5'8", 180 lbs. We don't eat red meat in the house except on the occasional weekend when I make burgers or steaks. My wife works really hard to keep up us eating "the good stuff". Bless her.

LinksOcarina said:
Diabolus said:
You're only 5'5? You little rotund bastard, you. :p

You must look like a barrel with ears.

It is not THAT BAD, thank you very much....

is it?

MeandJason.jpg

I am on the right in the pac-man shirt.

This is me. That's a Slayer hat I'm wearing, if anyone is wondering.

fatbeard.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle