Announcements

I kinda only entered the Haiku contests for stuff I wanted to win, or could use. Sometimes if the prize was lame or for a console I didn't own, I wouldn't bother submitting.

I do think they're really fun and I hope they stick around, though. It's nice to have contests, just maybe have better prizes? Lol.

Yeah, I also only enter the Haiku contests when there is something I want to win, or if it's a topic that I think I could come up with a good Haiku for.

Over the last while though, I've gotten a nice collection of stuff from Haiku's. =D I've gotten a DS Case (A really sweet one by the way), A DS Decal sticker for my Wife's DS (Domo-Kun!) A Prinny plushy (Again for the wife) an Art Book from Atlus, a PS3 Controller from Nikkon (Which was super convenient, cause one of my official PS3 controllers had just broken). So yeah, it's not like I'm not still loving the Haiku Fridays, I just kind of pick and choose the weeks I wish to enter.

danielrbischoff said:
UghRochester said:
I liked it better when Blake had his mystery game.
Weren't you like the only one who entered?
No, LinksOcarina, used44 and couple other names I can't remember. Longo_2_Guns entered too, but since he kept naming the game, he was no longer able to play. Links and I both were like Longo.

Yeah, I've probably won more than just about anyone else on here, so I don't mind passing up a few contests.

UghRochester said:
Speaking of announcements and Blake, Blake Morse is no longer with GR.
I'm probably going to get some flack for this, but I don't see that as a bad thing. He was a good guy, but his reviews were often just... wrong. Like, really bad.

There was a time where I was cleaning up on these. And then Nick stopped judging...and not so much. I've been entering most of these and not winning lately. But I will continue to enter when it's more or less worth winning. So if you want my continued support, select me every once in a while.

Longo_2_guns said:
Yeah, I've probably won more than just about anyone else on here, so I don't mind passing up a few contests.

UghRochester said:
Speaking of announcements and Blake, Blake Morse is no longer with GR.
I'm probably going to get some flack for this, but I don't see that as a bad thing. He was a good guy, but his reviews were often just... wrong. Like, really bad.
Were you one of the people outraged by his PAC-Man Championship Edition "A"? Seems like readers got up in arms about that one.

No, though I was definitely surprised and very uncertain as to whether or not an A was really that deserving for a Pac Man game.

Though if I went through all the games he's reviewed, I'm sure I could find a bunch of examples where either the grade is off or the points he makes are really not valid, or he leaves out big parts that are either big pluses or minuses.

Force Unleashed was pretty good. Warioware was alright too.

The Dissidia review was so far off the mark it wasn't even funny.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod