All political views aside..Tasteless or not?

Is thisa tasteless idea for a film?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• It is, but I'll still see it out of curiosity.

• Hell, I'm tasteless myself and was utterly disappointed to hear it's *only* a film.

• Total voters

Lethean

Rookie
So a film is coming out that's a sort of mockumentary/drama, about the assassination of George W. Bush.

I'm considered anti-Bush and even I think this is abit much for a film. I'm pretty sure they;re just relying on shock value to sell tickets. Honestly though, I'll be there to see it.

What can I say? I want to see what they do with it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0853096/

sure bush getting shot is the films catalyst, but the primary story is about the aftermath and how america (and the world) reacts and deals with this. i was a bush supporter during his first term, now not at all. doesnt mean i want to see the guy shot though. the main reason i want to see this movie is because its pretty different than most other films out there. and regardless of subject matter, it seems like it may be a decent film.

This has been advertised on More4 for a while (I think). The idea is sound and it's a weird coincidence that I'm currently slowly working my way through "What If? America" which is a book that ponders how the world would have turned out if key events had or had not happened or had happened in a different way so perhaps that's why I think it's a good idea for a film. I don't know how the subject's going to be tackled, if it gives undue attention to the fact that it was George Bush who was killed then yeah it'd be tasteless and using the hatred for Bush as an obvious selling point but if it merely uses the fact that the PRESIDENT was killed then it's a different kettle of fish and could make for an interesting film.

Sam

Paradox said:
. i was a bush supporter during his first term, now not at all. doesnt mean i want to see the guy shot though.
Same here. Well, more of when he started the war i stopped being a supporter.
Anyway i would rather Bush didn't get shot, because Dick Cheney scares me.

yeah, the war was a factor in my discontinued support. i backed it in the beginning, but once it was revealed that the reasons we invaded seemed to never actually exist, i was like, 'ok, why did we do it then?' and then i saw that we were going to keep fighting anyway.

im never one to vote with a certain party. i vote for who i think has the best platform, regardless of political affiliation. but this november, i find myself hoping that we see more democrats than republicans.

and as for the movie, i completly agree with maca. i hope it deals not with who he is (george w bush), but what he is (the president of the united states).

another side note: maca, i am absolutly entralled with alternate history theories and have read one of the what if? books myself. fascinating stuff. sometimes i ponder then bigger what ifs, such as what if we had no moon, or seeing as how earths surface is majorily covered in water, what if humans had evolved as an aquatic species? again, fascinating.

The film deals largely about the state of America's civil liberties after 9/11, the PATRIOT ACT, and the War on Terror.

The assassination serves as a catalyst to examine the topic.

I see no problem with it, and I find it rather intriguing of a concept. Without the assassination, it just wouldn't have the oomph!

It seems pretty interesting. I don't usually participate in the bush bashing because i know he's only a spokesperson, he doesn't make the large decisions. Like Douglas Adams put it, the presidents job is to distract attention away from the people who truly hold the power. But i like the idea of how the video will try to illustrate how america would act if such an assasination did occur.

Is it tasteless? Not really no. I kind of think this is a interesting idea. Kind of like a "what if" type scenario that we may or may not want to happen.

LinksOcarina said:
Is it tasteless? Not really no. I kind of think this is a interesting idea. Kind of like a "what if" type scenario that we may or may not want to happen.

Hmm. I find it partially tasteless and interesting.

Actually not so much tasteless after I've read from some replies here that the assassination serves as a catalyst.

As much as i'd rejoice at such a reality, I do think it's only a film. Just look at James Bond films, many deal with international tensions and conflicts that do not exist, personally I see that as more broadly tasteless.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod