Advertazing.

Bazooka56

Rookie
Whats with that advertize.When i try to enter something an advertaze shows up.GR why did you put advertisements when we try to enter?There are alrady alot in this page!

So do they get more money for each ad clicked, or just money for the ad being put up? I've always wondered that. Maybe we should have a specific date of the month where we each click five ad's?

showmewe7.jpg

I can now see duke saying "Show me the money."

And duke I always wanted to let you know....you had me at hello.

Hehe

Also who does the tax's? Do you guy's hire someone to do it, or are you sauve enough to do them yourselves?

I think it is more of just being there, because even if it isn't clicked it gets drilled into your mind.

Bazooka56 said:
malakian said:
sports cars don't grow on trees, bazooka!

No you don't get it.Im saying when we enter something a advertizement sows up.I don't like that.

Yes, he does get it. GR is completely free and dUKE has always said that's how he wants it but he still has to pay his own bills and showing adverts around the edge of the screen and as intermediate pages helps him do this.

Sam

dUKE you should start charging for post privileges.

Want to have a sig? $5.00
Want an Avatar? $5.00
Want to post in misc? $10.00
Want to view the Archives? $10.00
Want to block annoying users? $20.00 a user
ect.

Think of profits! If every active users buys all the functions that's fifty times the fifteen active users...

THAT'S $750.00!

Bazooka56 said:
Whats with that advertize.When i try to enter something an advertaze shows up.GR why did you put advertisements when we try to enter?There are alrady alot in this page!

GR took the Counter-Strike road....
..they sold out... :oops:

UrbanMasque said:
Bazooka56 said:

Yeah you're absolutely right, let's start paying £20 a month to use the site instead shall we?

Sam

maca2kx said:
UrbanMasque said:
Bazooka56 said:

Yeah you're absolutely right, let's start paying £20 a month to use the site instead shall we?

Sam

Splendid idea!

Duke my CC number is.

6548-4889-8931
my security code is 981

woo! credit card number! i'm gonna buy me a new pimp hat!

and yes bazooka56, like most sites on the internet or television shows, we stay free by showing advertising. it pays for our offices, our servers, our electric bill, and yes, my sports car (i just had an aftermarket high-flo cat installed. vroom.) :)

to answer about the clicks- almost all of our ads, we get paid just to show them, but the advertisers tend to be happier in the end when they see more clicks.

to answer about the taxes- we hire accounting firms to do all that. payroll taxes in particular are a bitch and have to be filed 4 times a year. i don't even do my own taxes, too damn complicated, so forget doing corporate taxes.

Duke_Ferris said:
it pays for our offices, our servers, our electric bill, and yes, my sports car (i just had an aftermarket high-flo cat installed. vroom.) :)

If by "sports car" you mean hatchback, and by hatchback I mean

Subaru-Hatchback-Coilovers.gif

Then yeah, that's believable.

Duke, installing cats into your car, "high-flo" or not, is grossly unethical and cruel. You are a terrible man.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod