Abortion: Yay or Nay?

• Yay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

-FCM-

Rookie
Me, I think it's bad. Considering less than 2% of abortions are of a pregancy resulting from rape, I find it horrible how many human beings are being killed this way. Even if they are "unwanted", they can be put in an adoption center, where someone trying to find a child that can't have their own may adopt it.

The arguement that a woman has the right to do with her body what she wants is stupid, since the child isn't part of her body. It's not one of her organs. It's not one of her bones. It's a separate being with a separate beating heart. Saying it's not yet a living human being is a bad arguement as well. Does anybody really know for sure when the fetus can be called a human being? Oh well, let's kill it. We'll just say that it isn't a human yet 'cause that's convenient.

Definitely yay, I just love abortions and unborn fetuses. Ho boy, how wonderful abortions are! I think I'm going to go to my local planned parenthood just so I can help abort a few fetuses.

:roll: Give me a break, yay or nay, could you design a more loaded or absurd question if you tried?

Eh, this is the same old argument we've always had and are likely to continue to have for a long time. My stance, after many hours of toiling on the issue, is this: It is the voluntary and premeditated killing of a human being, for sure, but it is by no means the cold-blooded murder that the pro-life fanatics make it out to be. It is wrong, but should not be illegal. Therefore, asking "yay" or "nay" is an invalid, moronic question.

Besides, we kill humans for dumber reasons all the time.

ill just say this, it depends.

Rape victims should be entitled to an abortion if they choose. And partial birth abortions (fetuses over 6 months old) should not be allowed. The hazy part is in the center, between month 1-5

I thought there was a certain time where they stop allowing abortions, like beyond the 5th month it's not allowed(just throwing out a random amount of time).

I think it is morally wrong, but the complications that arise from illegalising it make the benefit of feeling good about doing what I see as the right thing do not outweigh the cost of the dreadful back alley abortions &tc.

Man, you'd think people would be a little more careful. You can get condums for 25 cents at the Planned Parenthood clinic here.

RobTheMan said:
I think it is morally wrong, but the complications that arise from illegalising it make the benefit of feeling good about doing what I see as the right thing do not outweigh the cost of the dreadful back alley abortions &tc.

Man, you'd think people would be a little more careful. You can get condums for 25 cents at the Planned Parenthood clinic here.

A condom doesn't solve all the problems... I couldnt count the number of times i had a condom break on me... Thank God they were always on birth control as well...

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=regressive

Well, if you're unsure I guess you could always go with Maddox's view.

Dave I don't mean to ask a loaded question, I just want peoples' moral opinion. Anyone can make a loaded question out of anything.

If the word choice is really bothering you that much, I find it a little strange that you haven't noticed a pattern in polls by now. You vote and then elaborate. If I put maybe as an option then everybody would pick maybe.

Woman's choice, as is entitled to her civil rights and liberties as a United States citizen. Not only the legal ramifications, but also the plan dictation that no one has the right to make decisions for another person, or limit them. And a bundle of embryonic cells is not a cognition person capable of choice, there for the arguement that abortions are killing people is stupid, potential people, yes, but ultimately insuffient of living, or breathing or eating independantly.

Dark_Legacy said:
Woman's choice, as is entitled to her civil rights and liberties as a United States citizen. Not only the legal ramifications, but also the plan dictation that no one has the right to make decisions for another person, or limit them. And a bundle of embryonic cells is not a cognition person capable of choice, there for the arguement that abortions are killing people is stupid, potential people, yes, but ultimately insuffient of living, or breathing or eating independantly.

What about Mens rights? What about the number of times a man hasn't wanted to keep the unborn child but the woman refuses and has an abortion, or the times a man hasn't wanted anything to do with a child but the woman has decided to keep it and has demanded child payments.

or eating independantly
A newborn baby is not capable of this act either.

I completely agree with NESman. I've been thinking that for a while I think it's a good solution. If a woman can only get an abortion within a month or two after she found out she was pregnant then she won't have the baby but it's not like the baby was that developed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod