A+

subcalvin

Rookie
Oh yea, my second alcohol induced rant about fanboys.
I know no one really cares, but I feel that by paraphrasing and slightly altering Ben Affleck from Jay and silent Bob strike back, I have in some obscure way defended my self…yea right.

“The internet has given every one in the world a voice, and evidently everyone has decided to use that voice to bitch about videogamesâ€

I think the reason people toss around A+'s is for exactly the reason you specified. To someone else, Grand Theft Auto or Katamari Damacy (just pulling names out of my arse) might just be the perfect game. I think you're forgetting the fact that people like GR and some of the other places don't review games as just... gamers. They take as much of a unbiased approach as possible in order to give a review that is consequentially fair and balanced... hence the need to find as many flaws as possible.

Gamers in general aren't like this. They can give a game an "A+" because they feel it's perfect, despite any flaws, no matter how minor. I wouldn't really worry about it personally... it's just opinion after all.

i agree when u say those childlike, short reviews that issue A+ are indeed complete dicksqueezers.

But i personally have only given wind waker A+, because i could'nt think of a flaw. Plus it's awesome. But i understand what you're getting at.....my advice....dont read the review xD!

Most of the reviews are bad though, its hard to find a good one unless you know the author of the review is a good writer, like Tyrannis, Maca, JCD or myself. Even sub is a good writer. So then, if they do give a game an A+, and I fully admit to being the only one who has so far, they should have a good reason for it.

LinksOcarina said:
Most of the reviews are bad though, its hard to find a good one unless you know the author of the review is a good writer, like Tyrannis, Maca, JCD or myself. Even sub is a good writer. So then, if they do give a game an A+, and I fully admit to being the only one who has so far, they should have a good reason for it.

Woohoo! I made the list ;) Your fiver's in the mail Links

Sam

I noticed your self appraisal as well Links, but I am willing to overlook it since you said I wasn’t that bad a writer (besides your reviews are good, but enough brown nosing)

Man I am going to live this self apprasal thing huh?

I only included me as an example, didn't even mean it to be that. *sigh*.

agreed

i know how frustrating it is. i mean for example the people who would rate two worlds b+ not mentioning names yet only bioshock in all fairness is a good game but i only reviewed it as an A. probably A- looking back. people like to give out the nice prizes because they like to think they have the best games evar!!!1OMGZ!! when really they simply their brains cannot find any really problems so they simply think it is GR8! :eek:

^ "people like to give out the nice prizes because they like to think they have the best games evar!!!1OMGZ!!"

That's pretty much it. People think, "I like this game, so it must be an A+!"

LinksOcarina said:

1. Thanks for that Links.
2. 2 Rs, 1 N! How many times do I have to say it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod