A crazy idea

With EGM closing and me swimming with crazy ideas all the damn time, I figure this will be shot down to hell immediately, but what the hell.

You think there is any chance of Game Revolution making a print publication of sorts. Maybe not a monthly think, but more of a quarterly thing or something, covering more of the NGJ topics and unbiased opinionated views on the industry as a whole. No reviews of games are needed, but more previews could be seen this way in print, as well as a lot of editorial stuff that you can't do on the website.

I am probably out of my mind, but what the hell, thought id ask to see if it's even possible?

They could just print them out and then *drop* them all around Berkeley for some increased site traffic.

Links you're crazy! You Maverick!

...But I like it! It would definately be good for us GR fans. But at the same time, kinda pointless for an internet-based gamesite.

yeah, there's a reason egm is closing. printing is expensive. magazines are failing all over the place right now.

Yeah, not many people are buying magazines anymore when you can get all the news, previews and reviews much faster online for free. The demo disc use to be a big draw card, but now that you can download free demos off the Playstation Store and Xbox Live even that has lost appeal.

Print is dead.

I dont post alot, but Boringsmans mention of free stuff perked my little feline ears up. Or at least he would have done if I were a cat ^.-
Anyway, disregarding those last to sentances, I think though as previously stated, somewhat unfeasible and the "print is dead" malarkey, I would buy it.

If print is dead, why are newspapers still selling fairly well.

Granted there is less circulation for them now, but it's not dead yet.

As I said this is probably totally unfeasible, but it doesn't mean it's impossible.

There's nothing like the feeling of reading a magazine or newspaper on the toilet. For that alone, print shall never die.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod