60 seat majority is over

Scott Brown wins Ted Kennedy's old seat in Mass., a complete upset for the democrats, who really cocked up the election. Probably lead to deadlock in the senate, or it may force obama to become a center-left leader (as he ran, but that was a lie), instead of a far lefty.

Embuggerance.

Personally, I think this is a good thing. It keeps things politically-in-balance. I don't like Obama's new health-care plan anyways.

Oh hey, the GOP won something! The Palinistas will jerk off real good today.

"We just witnessed a wicked political pivot"...

What? You witnessed a poor race run by the party in power and the same old GOP fear mongering tactics that have been in play for... um... forever.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/01/19/olbermann_scott_brown_is_a_racist_teabagging_ex-nude_model.html

jesus. Talk about "tolerance".

Um, it's the fucking truth. I love how you guys are all about the truth, but when it is thrown back at you, OMG HE HURTIN' ME WITH WORDS.

Grow a sack you backwards inbred fuck.

oh noes! me life is teh ruinz4 eva!

no, seriously. it's not that big of a issue. someone needs to stop obessing over politics so much unless they are going to run for office.

^Whaaaat?!?!

StalfrosCC said:
What? You witnessed a poor race run by the party in power and the same old GOP fear mongering tactics

You summed that up nicely, it's like they didn't want the seat.

I like how anyone here thinks this will change anything. Neither side is going to accomplish anything until the mid-term election. Wow, the Repubs now have a potential filibuster. This just means they can continue to not let anything the Dems pass anything. It also means the Republicans still can't get anything passed.

And then, if the Republicans win a majority, they'll claim it a great victory... and go back to getting nothing accomplished and blame it on the Dems.

If the Democrats continue to control a majority... they will still get nothing accomplished and the Republicans will blame this on them.

Once again we are left with SSDP: Same Shit, Different Politician

Trippysmurf said:
I like how anyone here thinks this will change anything. Neither side is going to accomplish anything until the mid-term election

I like how someone at least noticed this. And oh no, the Democrats lost ONE seat.

I nao cries to my mommie and hopes everything wil be okies?

I care as much about this as I do about the shit I just took

StalfrosCC said:
I don't know why we don't direct vote on issues. Oh wait, yeah I do... money.

I'd read a little about California... their system is like that, and it's shit.

Thank you for the generalization Stal, your bitterness and blindness is always nice to hear.

And I will say: what's so wrong about being a nude model? To be able to stand still for half hours at a time and not so much pop an erection is a difficult job.

StalfrosCC said:
I'd vote for Eyebrows!

I would too, a good solid centrist who takes the middle ground on taxes, abortion, rights, just about everything. I'd break up the banks, dredge both swamps, and my first state of the union I'd spend five hours going through each member of the senate and house and let the people know who they get the most money from. And annex Canada. and ban HFCS.

Jesus. Inbred? Palinistas? Not everyone who supports the GOP supports Palin or is an inbred redneck.

What's stupid is this political divide that's preventing near as much from being accomplished as could be otherwise.

Lethean said:
Jesus. Inbred? Palinistas? Not everyone who supports the GOP supports Palin or is an inbred redneck.

What's stupid is this political divide that's preventing near as much from being accomplished as could be otherwise.

Only 11% of them are, Mass. voters are considered 51% independents, and 37% democrat. http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/01/19/b ... index.html

What's stupid is that the President said this(introducing Biden): "After decades of steady work across the aisle, I know he'll be able to help me turn the page on the ugly partisanship in Washington, so we can bring Democrats and Republicans together to pass an agenda that works for the American people."

He has failed miserably, obama is as partisan as it comes, even though he ran as a center-left candidate. Now, finally, because this breaks the majority in the senate, he can either:

A. Lead as he promised, working to unite the parties and make a better America.

B. Forge ahead with a partisan agenda, coddle few republicans like O. Snowe (who is an awesome person) to pass bills, blame the Republicans for everything when/if it fails, get nothing done.

C. Do nothing.

Lethean said:

This is untrue and before you become an American officially you should know this.

It is bullshit like this post above me that pisses me off.

Obama hasn't failed at anything- motherfucker has been in office for a year. If you want to see FAILURE good Preside George W. Bush.

I was thinking of Obama's campaign promise when I was typing that actually. Now I still like the guy. He's dropped the ball a couple of times (where were those public round table debates about healthcare with doctors, nurses, democrats and republicans?) but overall I'm happy. I'm not looking to debate with you on it though Eyebrows because you'll likely win or it will somehow turn into a flame-war between you and Stal :p.

Really though, there's just too much animosity being harbored by both political parties.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod