Your parents help you hook it up.

Yes, they did but they also unhook it up. So, I learned how to hook it back up when they were away. I remembered every time I looked at the needle prick thingy for the RF switch, I was amazed that it didn't break off.

When we got our Nintendo 64, my dad seemed to have more fun playing with it before use...

Not playing on it mind you, he just had fun drilling holes in the entertainment center for all the cables and stuff.

WHOA! NICE GRAPHIX!

it's the legend of zelda and it's really rad
these creatures from Gannon are pretty bad
octoroks, tektites and leevers too
but with your help our hero pulls through

Yeah! Go link! wikka-wikka

Has been personally responsible for every electronic device in the house since I could walk...

Seriously... even now my wife stops in the middle of cleaning house so that I can "fix the wires"...

I'm with Spartan.

Not only was I responsible for setting up everything, if I wanted a console, I was responsible for buying it. My parents would pay for my rentals sometimes, but that was about it.

We inherited our NES, sold a ton of our NES stuff to finance an SNES (I still cringe at the thought), and I've purchased every systems since.

My parents did originally, but it was never the hooking up that was the problem .. it was finding a new damn RF Switch when the cable got screwed up. Then I used to peice together controllers when the rubber pad wore through lol ...

I clearly remember having to tape the RF Switch in screwed up positions just to get it to work!

Daddio said:
My parents did originally, but it was never the hooking up that was the problem .. it was finding a new damn RF Switch when the cable got screwed up. Then I used to peice together controllers when the rubber pad wore through lol ...

I clearly remember having to tape the RF Switch in screwed up positions just to get it to work!

And thus was born the first generation of modding "tech"...

Daddio, I know exactly what you mean. I used to have to prop my tv up on top of the rf switch's cable just right in order to get a clear signal. Also, I used an RF switch far too long. I had the same shitty silver tv without RCA hookups forever.

Brett, my mom made my brother and me sell all our N64 + collection before we could buy an Xbox. Heartbreaking. My biggest gaming regret. I think we sold it all for like $140.

My dad helped me hook it up a few times early on, but after that it was all on me. And I picked it up quick.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle