X-Box One review thread

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by GRColin, Nov 20, 2013.

?

Do these reviews change your opinion on the X-Box One?

1. Yes - I'm more interested in the console than I was.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No - It's just as I expected and I still plan on getting one.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes - I'm less likely to purchase the One now.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No - And I still have no plans on getting one.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I'll need to wait for more reviews, hands on, etc

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. GRColin

GRColin Rookie

The Verge has an X-BOX One review up and the result is somewhat surprising.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/20/5117 ... one-review

What stood out the most to me was the mention of no dolby digital audio pass through when you connect a device to the One's HDMI input. That was actually something I was wondering about earlier today. Something that may or may not be surprising to some is the hit or miss reliability of the Kinect 2.0. It appears as though it handles motion a lot more accurately now and is no doubt stronger than the PS Eye for now but the voice commands are confusing to say the least.

Games Radar has their review of the system up:

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox-one-revi ... medium=emp

The folks over at Games Radar seem to really enjoy the strong lineup of games, resuming exactly where you left off, chatting via Kinect and the headset and using the One as a universal remote. They weren't too keen on everything being an app, inconsistent voice commands, not being able to access DVR content via Kinect.

2. UghRochester

UghRochester https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester

Aren't you a PC guy? Get outta here.

3. GRColin

GRColin Rookie

I have a PS3, Wii, 360 and a PC. I'll happily game on whatever. Actually, I think the majority of my gaming related posts are based around console games.

4. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Topic already fucking derailed ;)

Nothing will change the price tag at the end of the day. It being £70 more expensive is a lot so they haven't converted me. I do think the Xbox One looks better aesthetically. I personally don't give a crap about having the best quality image, they're both pretty fucking good.

The reason I'm choosing PS4 is mostly because they have a broader range of games (assuming it's like the PS3). And Microsoft don't fucking pay for those Japanese RPGs!

5. danielrbischoff

I voted "Yes - I'm less likely to purchase the One now."

I'll still have it at launch because obvious, but I hated all the DRM/Kinect/sleaze attitude. I wish I could hold out until Halo or possibly later to teach them a lesson or something, but with a company as large as Microsoft, prepare your butts no matter what.

6. Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Couldn't you have just had other people review Xbox One exclusives and use your PS4 for multiplatforms?

7. danielrbischoff

I get too much work out of each piece of hardware. It's like investing in myself. Besides I've sold off hardware to make up for the cost. Might as well buy one now since I've had it preordered on Amazon all summer since I know I'll wanna play Titanfall, Dead Rising 3, etc. The years I don't own a console are the years of games I never see, that I'll never go back and play, and at least at this early stage, Sony and Microsoft will be fighting for any little exclusive.

8. Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

At least it's a tax write off for you.

9. danielrbischoff

True, and I need to be diligent about that this year since I've spent about three thousand dollars on hardware alone with my laptop adding to the console bill.

But our Xbox One review should be up over the weekend! Anthony and I are both waiting on deliveries from Amazon now. Are most of you guys waiting?

10. Sourdeez

Sourdeez Rookie

So I bought a xboxone controller. The pictures on the internet make it look so much bigger but now having it next to my 360 controller it looks slightly smaller and in my hands it feels smaller. This isn't really a good thing as I have big hands.

The thumbsticks are great though.

11. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I probably won't get an X-Box One. I've never had an X-Box before, so no original or no 360. I've always been comfortable with Nintendo and Sony consoles.

That being said, I did recently enter a local competition to try and win an X-Box One and some games. :p

12. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Wireless or wired?

13. Sourdeez

Sourdeez Rookie

It is a wireless one with the rechargeable battery. I use it wired though as I use it with my PC.