Word filter

UghRochester

https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester
Many people are getting upset about the word filter and it appears to them as if their comment was deleted. However, it wasn't . As a moderator, I know most of the comments are pending moderation. Some words like "homo" and "poop" cause them to be pending moderation. I don't want to sound selfish, but I feel like I'm the only one checking these pending comments and approving them. Many times, they know their comment was pending moderation and I have to tell them how this word filter, filters out certain words. Some of those words like "poop" is just ridiculous. May we please turn off the word filter? At least just change it to actual curse words like "sh*t" or "f*ck."

UghRochester said:
I feel like I'm the only one checking these pending comments and approving them.
Probably, because no one else knows about it or cares about it.

I like that you can say fuck shit bitch ass, but not poop. Good stuff.

Longo_2_guns said:
UghRochester said:
I feel like I'm the only one checking these pending comments and approving them.
Probably, because no one else knows about it or cares about it.

I like that you can say fuck shit bitch ass, but not poop. Good stuff.
Yeah, I discovered that while looking at comments for negativity. I wouldn't care much about it, but there are quite a few users being annoying by the word filter like joecross and elmoreoocyte as examples.

I have no problem if the filter is deleting the posts that use words like homo.

I had no idea that there was a word filter until just recently, so apologies for my ignorance. I swore in one of my posts (saying "shit" a couple of times) but I didn't know why my comment was "pending moderation". To be honest I thought it was a bug or something.

I do appreciate UghRochester taking the time to let me know why my comment was pending moderation or/and possibly being deleted. Thanks man.

I'm sure the other moderators are looking out for comments too, Ugh. Least I'd hope so. I can imagine it'd be hard to keep up sometimes.

Ugh is a moderator now?

giphy.gif

I saw mine was pending moderation and it took so long i just assumed nobody was actually checking at all.
Now if only disqus used bbcode. Already had people on the steam forums asking me how i get my 'ass' uncensored.

Keep up the good work ugh, and remember, no pressure. We're all just watching and judging you.

Oh, no pressure. I think I surprised Longo how well and mature I am about moderating the front pages. However, that could be my narcissism talking.

Well, you're the best front page mod. That's for sure.

I don't count myself because I don't really do much other than provide sage wisdom.

Longo_2_guns said:
Well, you're the best front page mod. That's for sure.

I don't count myself because I don't really do much other than provide sage *poop*.
There i fixed it, this comment is now filter free!

What i really love about the front page filter problem, is how paranoid some of the commenter are. Not to name any but some of the boys think they can't post because of their previous opinion of the Xbone.

It's just really annoying and hope someone from the GR staff sees this. Not for me, but for the commenters.

Wait...We can see comments awaiting moderation? What sorcery is this? How do I tap into it? I really should moderate the front page more;. Honestly though, when I've skimmed I haven't come across anything bad. Of course now that I know about this area of things I'm sure I will.

Lethean said:
Wait...We can see comments awaiting moderation? What sorcery is this? How do I tap into it? I really should moderate the front page more;. Honestly though, when I've skimmed I haven't come across anything bad. Of course now that I know about this area of things I'm sure I will.

Front page moderators, not you. Ugh and Longo and some other people maybe.

Lethean is also a front page moderator. As are Chunibrow, NecroWolf, and Jessica Vasquez (though she's staff, so you know).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod