Wine, anyone?

Looking for a good wine that would pair nicely with an Akaushi steak, but also some jumbo shrimp. Does such an elixir even exist? I'm leaning towards a more complex (and dry) Pinot but how that will pair with seafood I have no idea. Anyone with some general knowledge or better willing to help a brother out? Lethean and MattAY, I'm looking in your direction but I'd appreciate any help. UghRochester, I'm coming to you for the BBQ sauces.

Pinot Noir is actually pretty versatile and will work with both steak and shrimp. A white is preferable to shrimp, like a sauvignon blanc but pinot noir would be the next best thing if you want to go with a red. Beyond that I didn't know a whole lot else about how a Pinot Noir would pair so I did some searching and found out that if the shrimp is cooked with a cream sauce the pinot may not pair as well due tot he acidity and tannins.

If you're okay having white and a red I'd recommend sauvignon blanc for the shrimp and a cabernet sauvignon for the steak. A cab is definitely recommended because with such a tender, fatty steak like Akaushi, the tannins in the cab can help cut through that.

Even with BBQ sauce, those two should work out well.

Sorry dude! I'm more of a whisky guy. And when I drink wine I just grab the cheap stuff - it all tastes similar to me.

I don't drink much alcohol nowadays but when I do, I am a sad, beer drinking individual.

I'm not very good at wine or spirits.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod