Windows 10

Discussion in 'PC' started by Sourdeez, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Sourdeez

Sourdeez Rookie

Microsoft has sharing of updates on your bandwidth to not only your local network but also the internet... by default.
    Just a heads up and how to turn it off
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. madster111

madster111 Rookie

Sweet, even more reason to not touch this turd until someone makes a nice 1-click exe that removes all the bullshit.

3. Sourdeez

Sourdeez Rookie

I have been testing it for almost a year. I like it and the DX12 is sweet. If anyone games on windows they should really think of upgrading to windows 10. Specially while it is free. Nvidia's and AMD both have released new drivers in preparation for release and they are currently benchmarking better than windows 7 or 8.

We can still totally hate on the shitty parts . Solitaire with ads!?!
    How about the xbox one wireless controller adapter only being supported on windows 10? Why could that possibly be if not for greed?

The more I think about it. Having a hot voice like Cortana's listening to you all the time is the perfect conspiracy.

4. madster111

madster111 Rookie

All you need to do is read the new privacy policy to see that 'free' is bullshit, i'd rather spend money than become a part of a system that constantly monitors every single thing i do. It's one thing to know the NSA and other similar places watch everything, it's another to read about it in the bloody thing you're expected to agree to just so you can play video games in the future.

I am very tempted to dual boot Win7 and Win10, so i can play any online games on 7 and give 10 no way at all to connect to the internet.

Honestly at this point i'm hoping AMD bring back mantle specially for SteamOS. We really, really need to get away from windows as this ship sinks. I get the distinct feeling it's not just solitare that's going to be locked behind a paywall.

5. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Off topic, I clicked the link in madster111's signature and wow, that's hilarious. :D

Good ol' Aussies.

6. Sourdeez

Sourdeez Rookie

You should boot linux and windows 10.

7. madster111

madster111 Rookie

Oh golly gee i sure do love the '10s. What an excellent happy time to be alive.

[​IMG]

8. madster111

madster111 Rookie

Ahh, there we go.
    http://forums.mydigitallife.info/thread ... odern-Apps

If you can't see what it is, it's basically a nice enterprise version of 10 with all the bullshit apps removed and replaced with older versions, like calculator instead of calc. No more cortana, no edge, no skype, the ability to truly turn off windows update and no store.
    Just plain old windows 10 and DX12, exactly what i was looking for.

The community, fixing software since before the internet was a thing.

Now all we need to do is figure out how to permanently remove onedrive and get a comprehensive 200-item long checklist of how to stop the shit from spying on you and uploading your password and we'll be set. Then we just chill while waiting for SteamOS and the like to become functional so we can get off microsofts wild ride.

9. Sourdeez

Sourdeez Rookie

10. FrozenBacon

FrozenBacon Veteran

Wow I didn't know this. It is a great feature, I think but damn, at least warn people about it.

EDIT: My settings window closes as soon as I open it. Great. :|

Whats wrong with the new calculator? I like it, and the introduction of the converter. Edge is also far better than IE, but I don't use it because they still don't have webm support and the forms sometimes do lag. Cortana is a shit, though, but I suppose it'll be useful for tablets. Also solitare doesn't have noticeable ads (the only add is on the spash page where you choose what type of game you want to play) but the new app is bullshit. Why do I have to log into a "windows gamer" account just to play some damn solitaire? Also what is this shit when I win? This is so much less satisfying than the old win animation. Stop changing stuff! I dislike change, hrumph.

[​IMG]

11. Sourdeez

Sourdeez Rookie

12. Sourdeez

Sourdeez Rookie

God mode is back.
    Puts all the changeable settings in one place

Just create a folder with the name, no quotations. "GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01c}"

Oh and if you want the old start menu back for free use open source ClassicShell.
    http://www.classicshell.net/

13. madster111

madster111 Rookie

14. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

Screw that. Screw Microsoft. Screw anything after Windows XP. I'm going back to 2003. Ciao, losers.

15. madster111

madster111 Rookie

https://torrentfreak.com/torrent-tracke ... ns-150822/

“Unfortunately Microsoft decided to revoke any kind of data protection and submit whatever they can gather to not only themselves but also others. One of those is one of the largest anti-piracy company called MarkMonitor,â€

16. madster111

madster111 Rookie

https://boingboing.net/2015/08/10/windows-10.html

17. Sourdeez

Sourdeez Rookie

18. Sourdeez

Sourdeez Rookie

19. FrozenBacon

FrozenBacon Veteran

Who the hell reads the terms and conditions anyway? Would be nice if the government passed legislation to make a common form of terms and conditions so every user knows what they are getting into when they are purchasing a product, kinda like when one purchases a toaster.

20. UnitedGamer

UnitedGamer Rookie

Still encountering any bugs regarding Windows 10? Haven't updated my laptop yet since I'm scared it might be still buggy >.<