What was the last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by GRColin, Aug 22, 2011.

1. NegFactor

NegFactor Novice

Cars (2006) -- 3/10

Easily the worst Pixar movie I've seen. Painful soundtrack and Owen Wilson's in it and Lightning McQueen is the worst main character ever in a Pixar film...I stand by that statement.

2. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Veteran

^ Still haven't seen any of the Cars movies. I tried to watch one on a flight home once but I was way too tired and impatient at the time that I couldn't be arsed to sit through the first ten minutes.

NegFactor likes this.
  3. NegFactor

NegFactor Novice

You're a better person for it, believe me. Pixar's got a great library of choices...you can't do worse.

4. used44

used44 Forum Moderator

I mean, Cars 2 is like five times worse.

Cars 3 is okay though.

5. NegFactor

NegFactor Novice

I would have to watch Cars 2 in order to reach Cars 3, something I never intend to do. I'll take that loss.

6. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Veteran

I do tell a lie, I actually did watch another movie recently. My partner and I watched Monster's University on Netflix. I love that movie. >_>

7. used44

used44 Forum Moderator

The events and characters of Cars 2 are completely ignored and ret-conned for Cars 3, mercifully.

It's on Netflix and completely worth watching with the kids, I think.

8. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator

Randomly watched Zoolander 2 - actually better than I thought it would be!

9. COMaestro

COMaestro Regular

Well, my wife and I got most of the way through Seven Samurai this weekend, watching a bit every evening, but she was tired and we just didn't get through the last hour. Probably manage to finish it tonight. Man, it's a great film.

Only second time? My wife and I have started using it as a movie to have on in the background when we're busy with other things, since it's on Netflix.

The villain was much better in the sequel than in the original, which helps. Factor in that you aren't introducing the main characters but instead building upon the first movie and it gives the creators more time in which to flesh them all out, resulting in an overall better film.

10. NegFactor

NegFactor Novice

Just watched a triple dose of eh between Flatliners (the remake), Fair Game (1986), and Autopsy of Jane Doe. The first had nice special effects but was just a giant plot hole of bad, the second was passable and pretty alright, the last had some good creepy moments but just didn't do it for me in general and also had some issues.

11. Jason Faulkner

Jason Faulkner Lead Editor
    Staff Member

I'm going to watch Mazinger Z: INFINITY tonight. I've never seen anything Mazinger related, so I have no idea what to expect. I'll report back on whether it sucks or not.

12. COMaestro

COMaestro Regular

I think I watched some old school Mazinger Z under the title Tranzor Z, which was the USA syndication back in 1985. I'm sure it was very heavily edited and the storyline was probably changed a bit as well, but as a kid I enjoyed it a lot. Now...I think it might be painful to watch.

13. Paul Tamburro

Paul Tamburro Executive Editor
    Staff Member

I watched Deliver Us From Evil last night.

Don't watch Deliver Us From Evil.

14. Jason Faulkner

Staff Member

Update: Mazinger Z Infinity was pretty cool, but it would have definitely helped to have watched Mazinger Z first. There were a whole bunch of references and fan service I didn't get and it took about half the movie before I even knew who everyone was. It's very geared to fans of the original series.

15. NegFactor

NegFactor Novice

16. NegFactor

NegFactor Novice

Watched Harry Brown earlier this morning. It was alright. I don't think I can ever really dislike a movie with Michael Caine at the lead. 6/10.

17. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Veteran

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - again.

It was my partner's birthday yesterday and after her dinner, she wanted to watch it on Bluray, so we did. :p It's her favourite Harry Potter film.

NegFactor likes this.
  18. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator

Kick-Ass 2...

Wasn't bad! Surprisingly funny in places.

19. NegFactor

NegFactor Novice

I watched Good Time. It was an okay time. 6/10.

20. Jason Faulkner

Staff Member

I watched Swiss Army Man last night. I feel like whoever wrote it had the first 50% of the film planned out and sold it based on that and when it came to writing a conclusion they just had absolutely no idea where to take it. I've watched few films that had such a complete tonal shift halfway through, and the latter part of the movie just absolutely squandered the comedic build-up that was so great in the beginning.

If I'm watching a movie about a guy using a farting dead body as a water storage device to escape an island and make it back to civilization, I don't need it to go all Eternal Sunshine right in the middle of it and turn into a depressing piece of existentialism and isolation.