What was the last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by GRColin, Aug 22, 2011.

1. COMaestro

COMaestro Regular

Just for some background entertainment we put on Scott Pilgrim vs. the World the other day. It has been a while since I've seen that movie! Still love it! It does a fantastic job of depicting how it would be if you could twist real life into a video game. It's silly, it's kooky, and just overall fun!

2. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

^ I didn't watch the film, but checked out all the fight scenes on Youtube the other week. They're kick-ass! Favourite being the amp VS amp fight!

3. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

It was really entertaining, though not always in good ways. Definitely a lot of fun, though.

4. COMaestro

COMaestro Regular

Saw It this weekend. It was really good! It didn't seem to rely on jump scares so much as just a lingering feeling of dread throughout most of the film, which felt appropriate. All the kids did a good job, though the girl who played Bev seemed much older than all the other kids. Haven't checked to see if she is or not.

5. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Watched Real Steel last night, randomly on TV.

Still a good flick. It's a bit cheesy but it was entertaining.

6. UrbanMasque

UrbanMasque Everyone Wears a Mask

It - 5/5... Amazing movie. and Horror is my least favorite genre.

Blade Runner - 4.5/5 - gorgeous. not 5/5 because i didnt feel like you could watch it from Zero. You had to have seen the original and the prequel animations to truly understand and love what was happening. That and the duration likely also hurt it in theaters. but def, an instant classic!

7. Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I really want to see Blade Runner, but man, 2 hours and 45 minutes is a long damn time in a movie theater. I may just wait and pick it up on 4K when it comes out.

8. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

^ My longest run in a cinema was 3 hours (Lord of the Rings: Return of the King) and I tried so hard to fight the urge to pee about 2 hours in!
    When a quiet moment in the film came along I thought it was safe - went back in 5 mins later and I saw the boat leaving the dock at the end and my friend had a tear in his eye!
    BOLLOCKS - I MISSED THE END!!!

9. Paul Tamburro

Paul Tamburro Executive Editor
    Staff Member

Anyone going to see Justice League?

10. COMaestro

COMaestro Regular

I still need to see Thor Ragnarok. For JL, I'll wait for reviews, but just like BvS, I have a feeling there's going to be waaaaay too much stuff being crammed into the film, and probably a chunk of it completely unnecessary stuff.

11. UghRochester

UghRochester https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester

Just watched Chappie. I enjoyed it.

12. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Thor: Ragnarok.

Absolutely loved it. The biggest and craziest Marvel film so far. I had so much fun watching this one.

13. COMaestro

COMaestro Regular

Saw Thor: Ragnarok this weekend too. I thought it was great! Maybe a little too much humor considering how dark things were, but when you look at who directed it, that's not surprising. Still, a great success for all involved and a ton of fun for the viewers.

14. Starling

Starling Novice

Watched Thor: Ragnarok couple of weeks ago, great movie! Then watched Spider-man: Homecoming as I had missed that and loved that too. Then watched Wonder Woman which I had skipped and... well... for a DC movie it's good...

15. Longo_2_guns

Staff Member

Justice League

I can see why people wouldn't like it.
    But I did. I loved it.
    5/5

16. COMaestro

COMaestro Regular

I saw Justice League this weekend, and while I won't say that I loved it, I did enjoy it. DC is definitely moving in the right direction now. I'd say Superman is actually starting to feel like Superman, and is a hell of a lot better than he was in his previous two outings. Affleck is starting to lose me a bit as Batman though. Not sure why, but there was something off, and it may not have been him in particular, but just the way the character was written in the film. Also, Grant Gustin's Flash would have been much more enjoyable than Ezra Miller's. Again, not necessarily a fault of the actor, but the way the character was portrayed in the film. Still, overall I enjoyed the movie.

17. Longo_2_guns

Staff Member

I agree with all of that, honestly. I think Superman was almost perfect (which is apparently all reshoots, because Snyder wanted him to be evil meanie Superman all film long), and Ezra Miller's Flash was a bit too Big Bang Theory of a comic relief.
    Cyborg, Aquaman, and Wonder Woman were all 100% perfect, though.

18. COMaestro

COMaestro Regular

Yeah, Miller was very neurotic, which is something I don't really associate with Flash. Comic relief, sure, he should be quippy, but it was just a bit over the top here. Big Bang Theory is a good comparison.

19. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I finally watched Batman V Superman Dawn of Justice and HOO BOY does it suck. Still kinda want to see Justice League eventually though.

20. COMaestro

COMaestro Regular

I watched most of Moana and also Boss Baby this weekend, when we put them on as some kid safe background movies. Moana was good, though I missed the beginning, it was easy to pick up the story. Boss Baby wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be. Still a bit cringey here and there, but not painful to watch and even a few good moments.

But the highlight of the weekend was Die Hard. Because

[​IMG]
    God, I miss Alan Rickman...

Justice League was better, if that is a consolation.