What was the last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by GRColin, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Wonder Woman.

It was really good!

Well balanced of humour, cool fights and the chemistry between Diana and Steve were really awesome. The characters were likeable. This is definitely the best film of the new DC film universe, which unfortunately isn't saying much, especially with the train wreck of Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice and the mediocrity that is Suicide Squad.

2. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

47 Meters Down

We went because my dad wanted to see it. He thought it was really engaging and scary and tense.

I was bored out of my fucking mind the entire time. The only "scary" parts were in the trailer or jump scares (or, more often, both). The characters acted like huge idiots, and the horror aspects were really contrived and lame. It didn't help that half of the film felt like complete filler, like the intro scene that was literally 5 minutes of the bottom of a pool.

It was originally going to be a straight to video on demand movie, and it feels like it.

1/5

3. UghRochester

UghRochester https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester

Since Doctor Strange is on Netflix for the U.S, I got me some popcorn and watched it. It's a great movie for someone who doesn't know Marvel comics. Loads of CGI world bending sh*t, which I feel was used too much.

4. COMaestro

COMaestro Regular

Watched most of the Lego Batman movie over the weekend. I say most because we watched the first half on Saturday but had to stop for various reasons. When watching the second half yesterday, the heat made me sleepy and I kept nodding off, so I know I missed a bunch. I'll see it again someday. What I did see was entertaining. They really drew out some scenes for comedic effect, which worked most of the time but occasionally wore out its welcome. Overall I found it to be pretty good, though I think I like the Lego Movie better.

5. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I watched Elysium at the weekend. Was good, started off well and then kind of went into the "meh" category.
    I'd give it a 6/10.

6. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah I turned Elysium off halfway through.

7. Master_Craig

Staff Member

Elysium was unfortunately a pretty average movie.

Watched Superman Returns the other night, mostly for a bit of nostalgia, since I saw it at the cinema over ten years ago. It's... okay, but it gets really, really boring.

8. COMaestro

COMaestro Regular

I saw Spider-Man Homecoming yesterday. It was really good! Tom Holland nails the part, the supporting cast was entertaining, and it sidestepped a lot of the origin story crap that these first entry/reboot superhero movies normally have to deal with. The only downside for some would be the need to be familiar with the overall MCU, so it can't really stand alone on its own as a movie. Not a big deal for me since I've seen all the MCU movies, but those who don't follow it may find themselves a bit lost. Really only need to have seen The Avengers and Captain America: Civil War though.

Definitely recommend it.

9. Master_Craig

Staff Member

I'm really looking forward to seeing Spider-Man: Homecoming. Seeing it this Friday night. I've seen all the MCU movies so far (not the TV shows, though) so I'm pretty familiar with its universe. Can't wait. :)

10. UghRochester

UghRochester https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester

Watched Despicable Me for the first time. Pretty good movie. After seeing the trailer for Despicable Me 3, I'm concerned if I watched 2, 3 would have a similar plot. Not going to watch the Minion movie. That looks like it would annoy me.

11. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

^ IT'S sO FlUfFY!!!!!

I watched Alien Covenant at the weekend. Was OK, entertaining for sure. There were a lot of different types of aliens, and each encounter with one was just hack and slash, a bit too action, not enough suspense for my liking. There wasn't a real "hunt" of sorts that I like to see in Alien films.
    Plus you could guess what was going to happen RE the androids the moment they fucking met.

6/10

12. Master_Craig

Staff Member

Finally saw Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Not the best Marvel movie but it's definitely up there at the top somewhere. I really enjoyed the re-imagined Spider-Man, played by Tom Holland. Michael Keaton as the Vulture was an excellent villain too.

My partner and I also watched the original Mummy movie, with Brandon Frasier. A bit cheesy, but still a great flick. Very Uncharted, or should I say, Uncharted is very Mummy?

13. UrbanMasque

UrbanMasque Everyone Wears a Mask

Just saw Baby Driver last night.

Super stylish, kinda over the top in some moments - but if youre a music geek you'll love the way they play it and the dialogue in the film. Worth the price of admission 4.8/5

14. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Moana

It was pretty good, I guess. It didn't really stick with me much like a lot of classic Disney movies did, but I liked it a lot better than Frozen or Tangled. So that was good.

4/5

15. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 Hey kiddo!

Kong Skull Island. I really enjoyed this stupid, cheesy, action blockbuster period piece. It was basically an Avengers movie, right?

16. Master_Craig

Staff Member

My partner and I randomly watched Harry Potter: The Prizoner of Azkaban on Blu-Ray the other day. Still a good movie.

We also watched some Home Alone, as well. For some reason, Macaulay Culkin reminds me of a tiny adult.

17. COMaestro

COMaestro Regular

I am almost ashamed to say that I watched Tommy Wiseau's The Room this weekend. Due to seeing a trailer for The Disaster Artist, which is a movie about the making of the Room (which does look funny), my wife wanted to see the actual movie. It truly is a disasterpiece of filmmaking, though after all the stuff I had heard about it, it really wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Tommy Wiseau can't deliver a line to save his life, which is part of what I assume makes the movie entertaining for those who like it, but I was expecting a lot of screw ups on a technical level that really didn't seem to be present. I still didn't care for it at all, but I saw glimpses here and there of why some people might find it to be so bad it's good.

I can't recommend it in any way, unless you are a fan of truly horrible movies. The acting is horrible, the characters are horrible, the story is somewhat pointless, and very little makes any kind of sense.

18. Master_Craig

Staff Member

My brother told me about "The Room" and showed me one of the scenes that was on YouTube, it was a scene where the main character (Tommy Wiseau) is smoking a cigarette and it's supposed to be like... super deep and emotional, but it's just hilariously bad.

I find the idea of The Room fascinating, e.g. a film so bad it's entertaining, but I can't bring myself to watch it, because it might be so bad that I'll feel regret that I shouldn't have watched it to begin with.

19. Josh_Orona

Josh_Orona Community Manager

I just saw Dunkirk yesterday with some friends and being a WWII fan I loved it and left satisfied.

20. COMaestro

COMaestro Regular

You have chosen...wisely.
    Do not choose Wiseau.