What was the last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by GRColin, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Watched some movies on TV last night.

The Water Boy. When I was a kid, this film was pretty funny, but nowadays it's aged pretty badly. No where near as good as Happy Gilmore.

Iron Man 3. I like it, but it's honestly not as good as the first one.

I have a huge urge to watch the first Expendables movie, for some reason.

2. COMaestro

COMaestro Regular

Got to see Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2 yesterday and it was fantastic. I feel it easily beat out the first movie, probably because it didn't need to set up the main cast again. Still, it managed to go deeper into each of the characters, giving you more insight to who these people are. And it did it in a way that kept you laughing the whole time. Probably the funniest movie I've seen since Deadpool, but it also had heart.

Definitely picking this one up when it comes to Bluray.

3. Master_Craig

Staff Member

21 Jump Street was on TV last night, which I stayed up to watch. No wonder I'm so bloody tired today.

Still love this movie, though. Absolutely hilarious, especially the scene when they're both tripping hardcore on that H-F-S drug.

4. Master_Craig

Staff Member

Batman Returns.

I find it funny that Michael Keaton scored the role of Batman / Bruce Wayne, and while he physically does not look like "Bruce Wayne", he plays the part very well. It's been a long time since I've seen this film (haven't seen it since I was a kid), so it was nice to be able to hear the actual jokes and funny dialog.

A great classic. Everyone pulls off their roles so well... very well cast film.

I entered a competition over at Kotaku.com.au and ended up winning two tickets to see John Wick: Chapter 2. Really excited, hoping my tickets arrive this week so I can take my partner to see it this coming weekend. Australia only just got John Wick: Chapter 2, unfortunately.

5. Eyebrowsbv31

Eyebrowsbv31 Rookie

The New King Arthur.

Utter garbage throughout. Pretty visuals and all that, but dear god the acting was bad and the motivations were just stupid. And Jude Law isn't menacing once in the entire film, he just looks like he's going to cry or throw a tantrum.

Example: Supporting character who risks his life to save Arthur then sacrifices himself to save everyone then spills the beans on secret hideout and what not like 20 minutes later, no problem. A guy that rushes ten dudes while bleeding death doesn't fucking give everything up that easy.

6. Master_Craig

Staff Member

John Wick: Chapter 2.

I won two free tickets from Kotaku.com.au and finally got to see this film last night. I loved it. The story is a bit meh but honestly, you don't watch John Wick for the story. It's just shot so well, a very stylized, violent movie that utilizes realistic combat application. So much good judo, in the opening scene alone.

I also watched Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox on the weekend too. Always wanted to watch it and man, it's dark, but I really enjoyed this one too.

7. intoTheRain

intoTheRain Regular

Split and Get Out

Both excellent movies.. Split is probably my favorite M.Night movie now. Nice to see him finally getting something going again. Was sure his career was over.

8.5/10 for both.

8. COMaestro

COMaestro Regular

Saw Kubo and the Two Strings this weekend. It was pretty good. I did feel there was a little bit more that could have been explained regarding the Moon King and his daughters, but otherwise the story held up. The animation was beautiful and it was just really well done as a whole.

9. StudioTan

StudioTan Regular

Did anyone else see Alien Covenant and roll their eyes throughout? There certainly are a few scenes that will fill the void in your wallet.... if you go to a matinee.

10. Master_Craig

Staff Member

I heard Alien: Covenant is pretty bad. Everyone tells me it's predictable.

Watched Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them again, we have a copy on Blu-Ray. Great movie.

11. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Wonder Woman

It's great.

9/10

12. COMaestro

COMaestro Regular

Seeing it tonight. Nice to be hearing good things about a DC film for once.

13. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm an Alien: Covenant apologist, I guess. I thought the first 45 minutes or so were totally brilliant. And the Walter-David stuff was great and creepy throughout.

Sure it had plenty of problems, and a couple weird logic leaps, but c'mon, it's a horror movie. Characters who should know better are going to act stupid sometimes.

Anyway, not as good as Prometheus, but a worthy sequel and just a fun horror-action movie alltogether.

I really want to see WW this week.

StudioTan likes this.
  14. COMaestro

COMaestro Regular

I have to agree with Longo. Wonder Woman was really good! All the actors did fantastic, Gal Gadot really nailed Diana and I think even those who don't care much for Chris Pine will find him enjoyable here.

As a superhero origin movie, it hit all the notes that Man of Steel missed. It didn't feel overly long or so full of itself that things felt underdeveloped like Batman v. Superman. This is what all DC movies should strive to be, or even better surpass. It's one the DC fanboys can be proud of.

I hope I feel this way about it the next time I see it, and it's not just delight in finding one movie of the DCEU better than just "okay".

15. Longo_2_guns

Staff Member

I saw it a second time, because why not, and I liked it even more. I would still give it about the same rating, and would say I liked it a lot but did not love it, but I definitely forgave a lot of the things that bugged me my first time through.

It honestly just makes me happy that they made a good Wonder Woman film.

16. Griffin_Vacheron

Finally watched Logan the other day.

It was good... but too sad for me. I prefer The Wolverine. It's the perfect superhero movie IMO.

17. UghRochester

UghRochester https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester

Watched Wonder Woman yesterday. Great film! All of its punchline jokes are seen in the trailers, sadly. I was expecting Vandal Savage as the antagonist, considering the Justice League episodes where Wonder Woman meets Steve Trevor in the WWII era. Not disappointed at all. Hopefully the other films after Justice League is as good as this.

18. Griffin_Vacheron

Great! I haven't watched any of the trailers so I look forward to some punchlines. Covering games for a living means I have no idea what's going down with movies half the time.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  19. Longo_2_guns

Staff Member

A Dog's Purpose

The movie literally begins with a puppy getting euthanized, half of it is filler, and the other half is boring.

What a terrible movie.

2/10

20. Master_Craig

Staff Member

F- that.

Watched Zootopia again recently. Still a great animated flick.