what to buy?

Re: why

Firebird said:
whats wrong with sony?

Its called SWG (Star Wars Galaxies) and anyone who lets what it was turn into what it is now does not deserve to have anything to do with gaming, plus my PS2 has being replaced twice then there is the PSP plus everything else Sony seems to try its hand at.

I've been debating this recently, although I won't be getting any until the end of this year most likely. At first I wanted the Revolution, but I began thinking that I wanted to be able to play games normally, and the Revolution controller, in my opinion, would only be fun for a while. Also, developers are staying for from the Gamecube, let alone a system with a new controller. Then my thoughts went to the 360 and I realized that the system and a lot of games are for online and online isn't a big deal for me, and I don't think I would be able to hook it up anyways. So I looked at the PS3. The games that have been shown have looked good but the only thing that might be wrong is the price. Because of the blu-ray technology, I've heard people guessing prices could go as high as $500. So...I don't really know yet. At least I have a while to decide.

Obeta said:
Firebird said:
whats wrong with sony?

Its called SWG (Star Wars Galaxies) and anyone who lets what it was turn into what it is now does not deserve to have anything to do with gaming, plus my PS2 has being replaced twice then there is the PSP plus everything else Sony seems to try its hand at.

Whoa wtf...You're basing Sony on the game Star Wars Galxies which was headed by a team entirely different than the hardware development team, and the fact that they replaced the bulky PS2 with the slim one? What about MS replacing the big ass controller with the "s" one? You're losing faith because of the PSP? You mean a good system that's finally picking up pace?

And what about the SOE games that don't suck? EQ, EQ2, Champions of Norrath, and the Sony games that are really good such as Jak and Daxter, God of War, Hotshots Golf, GTA, Ratchet & Clank and many others? Let's not even talk about third party developers.

I find it very hard to believe that you have lost all faith in Sony because of SWG which not all of Sony had to do with.

Anyways, for me, I'll probably end up with a Revolution and a PS3 if I end up with anything at all.PC for life!

I will probably pick up a PS3 first.

Who knows what I will pick up after that. If I pick up something different.

I really want oblivion though -_-

White_Rabbit said:
Obeta said:
Firebird said:
whats wrong with sony?

Whoa wtf...You're basing Sony on the game Star Wars Galxies which was headed by a team entirely different than the hardware development team, and the fact that they replaced the bulky PS2 with the slim one? What about MS replacing the big ass controller with the "s" one? You're losing faith because of the PSP? You mean a good system that's finally picking up pace?

And what about the SOE games that don't suck? EQ, EQ2, Champions of Norrath, and the Sony games that are really good such as Jak and Daxter, God of War, Hotshots Golf, GTA, Ratchet & Clank and many others? Let's not even talk about third party developers.

I find it very hard to believe that you have lost all faith in Sony because of SWG which not all of Sony had to do with.

Anyways, for me, I'll probably end up with a Revolution and a PS3 if I end up with anything at all.PC for life!

So I would have to be on my third PS2 then, if I was to get a slimline one, EQ and EQ2 are still great games (To my knowledge still the best out there) but Sony still had the power to stop the NGE and they didnt even try.

I find a lot of the games you listed are actually quite good, but Sony seem to let any old crap be made for the PS2 now.

The PSP is in my opinion a waste of money at the moment, you are paying around £250 for a console and a game, then if you want to watch one of your favourite films you would have to go out and buy it again, most of the games at the moment are just console ports, although if they continue to release a solid game every few months or so they should quickly take first place, but at the moment it is overpriced for what it is. Ohh and dead pixels have supposed to have being a big problem with some as well as short battery life.

Dont get me wrong I dont hate or even dislike Sony I think they are market leaders by far in things like TV and still the MMO market and I would happily get a PS3 if they make good on some of there promises but for the moment Sony has lost a little of my confidance although I still have a lot left in them with things such as TV's.

I currently have the Xbox 360, and im loving it.

My brother and my mom are both looking to pre-order 3-4 PS3s when there are available for pre-order, sell 3 on eBay, make all money back plus some, and ima keep one for myself.

Teh awesome.

Obeta said:
White_Rabbit said:
Obeta said:
Firebird said:
whats wrong with sony?

So I would have to be on my third PS2 then, if I was to get a slimline one, EQ and EQ2 are still great games (To my knowledge still the best out there) but Sony still had the power to stop the NGE and they didnt even try.

I find a lot of the games you listed are actually quite good, but Sony seem to let any old crap be made for the PS2 now.

The PSP is in my opinion a waste of money at the moment, you are paying around í¯Â¿Â½250 for a console and a game, then if you want to watch one of your favourite films you would have to go out and buy it again, most of the games at the moment are just console ports, although if they continue to release a solid game every few months or so they should quickly take first place, but at the moment it is overpriced for what it is. Ohh and dead pixels have supposed to have being a big problem with some as well as short battery life.

Dude, every system has thier share of crap games. SOE is a totally different division of sony, and Im guessing the NGE was more of a lucasarts decsion than anything (I mean, without lucasarts, they wouldnt even be able to use the star wars liscense). The dead pixels and battery life on the PSP were just rumors that were already proved false. Hating Sony for the few PSPs that had dead pixels would be like me hating Nintendo because a few nintendo DSes I played with didnt have fully working touch screens.

You are also complaining about having to buy movies that you like? I mean last time I checked, if you want to obey the law that is what you wanted to do anyway. The UMD movies dont cost any more than thier DVD counterparts either. Im not exactly a big fan of the PSP myself, but Im not boycottying sony for it, nor do I accept the rumors as fact.

The only thing in your post that would give you decent enough reason to dislike Sony is the fact about the PS2's breaking down and the PSP is filled with watered down ports.

I do understand you for not wanting a PS3, but your reasoning isnt, well... reasonable. I personally wont probably be getting a PS3 because all I have seen is sequel after sequel with the PS2. The PSP is mostly nothing but ports, which gives me the idea that all sony wants to do is give customers the same damn thing until they get sick of it. Well, that is true for just about every game these days... Im looking at some of these games in my face right now and I can only count 5 games out of 22 that are not sequels.

I think Ill just stick to my PC. Yes there is FPS after FPS here but at least I can tweak the game or download mods to make things more interesting.

Frozen said:
Obeta said:
White_Rabbit said:
Obeta said:
Firebird said:
whats wrong with sony?

The PSP is in my opinion a waste of money at the moment, you are paying around í¯Â¿Â½250 for a console and a game, then if you want to watch one of your favourite films you would have to go out and buy it again, most of the games at the moment are just console ports, although if they continue to release a solid game every few months or so they should quickly take first place, but at the moment it is overpriced for what it is. Ohh and dead pixels have supposed to have being a big problem with some as well as short battery life.

Dude, every system has thier share of crap games. SOE is a totally different division of sony, and Im guessing the NGE was more of a lucasarts decsion than anything (I mean, without lucasarts, they wouldnt even be able to use the star wars liscense). The dead pixels and battery life on the PSP were just rumors that were already proved false. Hating Sony for the few PSPs that had dead pixels would be like me hating Nintendo because a few nintendo DSes I played with didnt have fully working touch screens.

You are also complaining about having to buy movies that you like? I mean last time I checked, if you want to obey the law that is what you wanted to do anyway. The UMD movies dont cost any more than thier DVD counterparts either. Im not exactly a big fan of the PSP myself, but Im not boycottying sony for it, nor do I accept the rumors as fact.

The only thing in your post that would give you decent enough reason to dislike Sony is the fact about the PS2's breaking down and the PSP is filled with watered down ports.

I do understand you for not wanting a PS3, but your reasoning isnt, well... reasonable. I personally wont probably be getting a PS3 because all I have seen is sequel after sequel with the PS2. The PSP is mostly nothing but ports, which gives me the idea that all sony wants to do is give customers the same damn thing until they get sick of it. Well, that is true for just about every game these days... Im looking at some of these games in my face right now and I can only count 5 games out of 22 that are not sequels.

I think Ill just stick to my PC. Yes there is FPS after FPS here but at least I can tweak the game or download mods to make things more interesting.

I am open to getting a PS3 but the questin I was ansering was a PS3 or 360, I have a 360 now and if I was asked I would probably wait until all 3 systems are launched to make a decision on which one to get first. The 360's backwards compatability without XBOX live is practically zero (out of around 40 games only 2 work of mine work) I bought 3 games with it and already completed one.

Sequels arnt bad, if the original game was great and the sequel was to the same standard then they are worth a buy. I have heard so much about the PSP and have pretty much decided on buying one when the price comes right down to about £100 for the giga pack. I guess any flaws that did exist would be fixed by then,.

I dont like having to buy the same film twice, I guess it would be cool to watch movies on tthe train or in a similiar situation, but that still means spending even more money when I can watch them on a portable DVD player from a copy of a disk I already have.

Anyway I would have to recomend waiting until all 3 systems are released in case you end up with something that isnt what you want.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaminglovex