What Are You Playing? - The Official Thread

Discussion in 'General Gaming Topics' started by Jonathan_Leack, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Active Member

Picked up Middle-earth: Shadow of War for PS4 yesterday.

So far, it's good. It feels a lot harder than the first one. I do enjoy slaying the orcs, but I have gotten myself killed a few times when I encounter captains. Don't expect them to be so difficult and how many bloody minions they have with them. I remember being able to kick so much arse in the first game, this time it's a tad different.

I heard the story isn't great, but some games we don't play for the story, right?

2. Paul Tamburro

Paul Tamburro Executive Editor

I'm playing South Park: The Fractured But Whole this week (expect a review up on GR on Monday). There are toilet mechanics.

3. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Active Member

Still playing Shadows of War. It's pretty fun, but the plot is less than memorable and the game is starting to get repetitive.

4. MattAY

MattAY Active Member

Playing The Evil Within 2 - it's pretty fun, playing it on Nightmare difficulty makes it much better!

Chapter 2 is awesome, chucks you in at the deep end. The open world gameplay starts at chapter 3, and it's pretty good. Sneaking around and getting looting rewards including sniper rifles and shotguns, so there's plenty of rewards.

It does slow down the narrative though, which is a bit of a bumskin.

5. Starling

Starling Member

Playing Breath of the Wild. Almost went insane with frustration.

I saw a weird swirl on the beach on the map and went to investigate. Got to the middle, saw the sphere platform and already was annoyed to have to go back and get the shrine ball from somewhere. When I got it and transported it 80% of the way through all the enemies and thunder strom in the way when suddenly: Blood Moon time! And do you know what Blood Moon does? It not only brings back all the enemies, it also reset the damn ball! Aaaaaarghhh!

6. MattAY

MattAY Active Member

Whilst that does suck, it's also pretty fucking funny :D

7. UghRochester

UghRochester https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester