What Are You Playing? - The Official Thread

CD Projekt Red are pretty awesome. They believe "DLC" should be small, bite sized chunks of content (e.g. a new quest or new equipment) but for free. Their big stuff, like Heart of Stone or Blood and Wine are their "Expansion" packs, which they believe should be sold for a reasonable price and offer the player hours of new content... which is true! It took me an additional twelve hours to finish Heart of Stone, and about thirty hours to finish Blood and Wine.

The Witcher III: The Wild Hunt is one of my favourite games, but I could honestly never go back to play it all again. I received an e-mail from Sony Australia with a whole "Your year in gaming" thing, and it claimed that I had spent nearly one hundred and seventy hours playing The Witcher III. I can't do that again.

Still playing the Secret of Mana remake for the PS4. I've realized that I've sunk over sixty hours into Monster Hunter: World and I'm getting to a stage where I need a break from the game... so I guess Secret of Mana it is.

Like I said before, I find it's a relaxing game where I can enjoy the experience and remember the magic that was the Super Nintendo days. I do find that the PS4 remake seems to be easier than the original SNES version... and I can't tell if either A - I was a kid and bad at games (thus, I am better at games as an old man) or B - they've deliberately made the game easier for new audiences.

I hated the voice acting at first, but it's honestly grown on me. It reminds me of Tales of Symphonia from the Game Cube, yet another nostalgia experience from over ten years ago.

Getting ready for Metal Gear Survive. I'm feeling microtransactions galore ahead. I hope that I'm wrong, but I feel like this one is gonna be a big disappointment.

Getting ready for Metal Gear Survive. I'm feeling microtransactions galore ahead. I hope that I'm wrong, but I feel like this one is gonna be a big disappointment.

I played the BETA for Metal Gear Survive and I wasn't impressed. I'm looking forward to reviews on the game but somehow, I think it's going to be average at best.

Thanks, Konami.

Golf Story. I'm about halfway through maybe? I really like the golf mechanics, and the story stuff wildly alternates between "pretty fun" and "god, why can't I click through this quicker."

Well Season 13 just started in diablo 3 so I jumped back in once again. I’m a big fan of the season system, but I’m running out of character slots.

Also a huge update to Stellaris came out this weekend too, so I’ve been messing around in there as well.

Basically I don’t have enough hours in the day to do anything else.

I finished Metal Gear Survive, which was a lot better than I thought it would be. I'm kind of at a loss on what to play next.

I don't think I could handle Metal Gear Survive. I do like the idea of the survival mechanics like Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, but I don't like the insane menu structure.

Also a huge update to Stellaris came out this weekend too, so I’ve been messing around in there as well.

I personally like the changes to the fleet system. I hated how you have to have a singular giant fleet to even think about winning a space battle and even then you're just playing a cat and mouse game with the enemies smaller fleets.

Finished Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Politics of the head developer aside, it feels like the game is at war with itself. It is the most immersive game I've played, more so than Skyrim but there are times where glitches and textures pop ins take me right out of it. Graphically it's beautiful at times (especially hunting in a forest) while at the same time it could get extremely ugly (especially walking around town). There are minigames that are fun once you have the grasp on what you're supposed to do (alchemy and Farkle) while others are the worst (lockpicking and pickpocketing). The save system would make sense but quest bugs and crashes make the game a chore.

Got back into the rhythm of DMC4 Special Edition. Currently going through Son Of Sparda as Vergil.

Forgot how fun it is to try and get all the combos right!
And how shittingly annoying it is to learn all the enemy's moves!!

Got back into the rhythm of DMC4 Special Edition. Currently going through Son Of Sparda as Vergil.

Forgot how fun it is to try and get all the combos right!
And how shittingly annoying it is to learn all the enemy's moves!!

I kinda wanna play Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition, purely because of Vergil.

In the DMC3: Special Edition, Vergil was so much fun to play as, more fun than Dante, I reckon. His Darkslayer style, while simple, just feels incredibly bad arse later in-game when you can essentially teleport all over the place.

Speaking of which... they're re-releasing the Devil May Cry 3 HD collection (as seen on PS3 and X-Box 360) AGAIN for PS4 and X-Box One. I think I'll sit that one out.

I'm back playing Monster Hunter: World on the PS4 with my friends, now that I'm done with Secret of Mana. I play Monster Hunter more on a social aspect.

Last edited:
Yeah, he's really fun, but hard to master!
And it's generally a good game, story isn't exactly great but that's half-expected.

Finished it last night - I'm probably gonna for for Dante Must Die mode with Nero/Dante. I'm just a bit too shit with Vergil.

I got the DMC HD Collection for the 360. Was great for 1 & 3, I might get it later down the road but certainly not now!

I don't think I'll get the DMC HD Collection for PS4. I already have it for PS3, it was fine, but to tell you the truth, I only played DMC3: Special Edition.

I don't know how different Vergil is in DMC3: SE to DMC4: SE, but in DMC3, he was pretty difficult at first, but once you get used to him, he's really epic. Darkslayer doesn't offer much except teleports, but once you get all three teleports, you just don't get hit, it's awesome. You can also cycle through Vergil's weapons whilst attacking in order to get high ranking combos.

I found with Dante (especially in DMC3), the only way I could get high ranking combos is if I played with the Swordmaster style, but Trickster was my favourite.

I do want to get DMC4: SE for PS4, though... but it's always expensive and because it's a digital only game, the download is massive. I'll just wait until it gets heavily discounted on PSN or/and PS Plus, maybe free?

I reckon go for it, Craig. You'll like it if you liked 3 - it's directed by the same dude.
It's £20 here, which doesn't seem too bad from my POV! there are rumours of a DMC5 being revealed soon (there was a massive leak in like December), so I think the only this will be on deal is maybe around reveal / release times!!

This trailer always gets me pumped up for it haha:

I heard about the DMC5 rumour. Apparently it will return to the Capcom variation of Dante/DMC (not the DmC: Devil May Cry reboot) and will once again have Dante, Nero etc.

It would be interesting to learn more about Nero, how he is connected to Vergil, why he has his monstrous arm etc. DMC4 barely touched on this and haven't answered the question in almost ten years.

I'm not quite sure what to do with myself with games, now. I finished the train wreck that was the Secret of Mana remake and I've essentially finished Monster Hunter: World to the point where I've gotten quite bored of the game.

I should probably go back to the PS4 remake of Shadow of the Colossus... Far Cry 5 and the new God of War are coming out soon which is cool.

I had been playing Golf Story on Switch and enjoying the golf parts but a little annoyed with the silly adventure game stuff. Got stuck a few times.

Got stuck again last night, just TOTALLY wasn't clear what I needed to do to advance the story in the Bermuda Isles, so I was forced to search online for a wiki.

Here's a sample of the walkthrough. Nooooooo fuckin thanks, Golf Story.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180304-225453.png
    Screenshot_20180304-225453.png
    212.3 KB · Views: 3
Yeah, that’s my biggest issue with Golf Story too. It’s like, how the hell am I supposed to know how to complete some of these quests when it doesn’t even give you the start of a hint.

I've been making my way through Trials of the Blood Dragon now that it's free on Games With Gold. Taking you off a bike in a TRIALS GAME isn't actually that fun. Who'd have thunk it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod