What Are You Playing - Retro Edition!

Having the original SNES would be great but mine's AC plug went missing. Yes, I have the adapter but the plug that you plug into the system went missing. Weird.

danielrbischoff said:
I'm kind of in a slump with retro games at the moment. Anyone else with no desire to play retro unless they have the original console and cartridge?

I used to be the same, but then I connected a controller to computer and computer to TV. It's so much better now. I still have my snes, but my both controllers have worn out. They served their duty well. Any Bob the builders here with great guides to fixing/building one?

I officially finished the puzzles in Mario Picross, time to move on to something "new"... maybe more Gitaroo Man, can never go wrong there.

VVVVVVV left me in the mood for flipping around, so I started Metal Storm on NES. I've never felt any game to have as responsive controls as this one. Which is really good considering the difficulty.

danielrbischoff said:
I'm kind of in a slump with retro games at the moment. Anyone else with no desire to play retro unless they have the original console and cartridge?

Hand raised... Call me old fashioned but its not the same... Half the challenge of the old games was working with the tech at the time...

Hmm what ive been playing lately...

DOOM on Panasonic 3DO
Way of the Warrior on 3DO
Primal Rage on Saturn
Sword of the Berserk: Guts Rage on Dreamcast

Completed Super Mario World and Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. SMW being the first time to me ever beat it. Glad I'm finally done with it.

Fired up Wolfenstein 3D on my 360 for a little while, that was a nice throwback... until one of those damn white-coats caught me by surprise and filled me with bullets. Not cool, White Shirt Dude. Not cool.

Little Nemo The Dream Master for NES.

It has fun gameplay mechanics like body possessing. One con I see right away is the trajectory of the throw. Hitting stuff isn't as fluid as it could be.

Affen said:
Little Nemo The Dream Master for NES.

It has fun gameplay mechanics like body possessing. One con I see right away is the trajectory of the throw. Hitting stuff isn't as fluid as it could be.

I tried my hand at it a few months ago. It was much harder than I remembered.

The music is quite good for its era.

Recently picked up Chrono Trigger again for a playthrough, but for shorter bursts it's been Donkey Kong Jr. on my 3DS.

I've been playing Chrono Trigger on my computer. I'd forgotten how much I liked the music. I have CT for the PSOne, but...yeah. I won't be playing that again, probably.

Sightless said:
I've been playing Chrono Trigger on my computer. I'd forgotten how much I liked the music. I have CT for the PSOne, but...yeah. I won't be playing that again, probably.

I download CT time and time again. Over and over. Is, and always will be, one of my favorite RPGs and has been a timeless staple for me.

I downloaded FFIII as well (FFVI), but I'm not sure if I'll play it. It's... childhood memories, man! We used to rent it once in the summer and play the hell out of it, stay up late and play play play. So, having it available at any moment sort of kills that for me. It's kind of dumb, but there it is.

I'm sure I'll get around to it. It's beautiful. :p

Started Ultima 7. Still getting the hang of the gameplay, but the start is really promising.

Do any of you remember an old gray box Nintendo game that had the main character fighting off enemies with yoyo? I want to say that it's world was similar to to the dungeon setup in Legend of Zelda. Top down, 1x1 block movement etc...

That sounds like StarTropics. Fun game and the dungeons really remind of Zelda.

1298396187_Startropics01.jpg

Yeah StarTropics. I actually have that for NES. But I never had it as a kid. It's a weird way to play classic games when you're so used to having some sort of nostalgia involved.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod