What age did you first start playing games?

I really got into video games when I turned 5 and was given a Game Boy for my birthday. It's what started my long love affair with Yoshi (not Yoshi Cookie goddamit). What age did you start heavily investing yourself in video games?

I think I was five or six when my fathers co-worker gave his old dos computer to my family. It had Doom, Prince of Persia, Duke Nukem 2, somekind of a Indy Racing game and Super Karts.

Now I need to get my hands on Super Karts again.

In the days of Amiga/Atari my brothers would play and I'd watch. Then I'd have a go at some games and obviously suck at them, I'd be about 7 at the time.

Gameboy was probably MY first gaming system. I schooled Donkey Kong Land and Wario Land on that bad boy. To sum up, I reckon 8 is when I started playing them.

4 or 5 with an Atari and NES. I would say that I have always been invested in games. Played with siblings and friends, but my heaviest investment would probably be my 16th bday when I bought myself a N64.

I was about 2 when my first memory of video games was created. I was playing Super Mario Bros. 3 on the NES.

danielrbischoff said:
I really got into video games when I turned 5 and was given a Game Boy for my birthday. It's what started my long love affair with Yoshi (not Yoshi Cookie goddamit). What age did you start heavily investing yourself in video games?

Same, except for the whole Yoshi obsession. Weirdo.

Also the GameBoy. There was some pc stuff before that but the Game Boy sealed the deal. Got my first one when I was 5 or 6.

I remember going to help out at my dad's video store as a kid. If we worked hard he would let us take a rental NES home for a couple of days.

Whoa, just had a memory of coaxial cables...

I think I need to sit down.

Must have been when I was 9 or 10. My parents got a computer for my brother and I, and we played the SHIT out of Star Wars: Dark Forces. And educational games. And backyard baseball. And then my love affair with the PC continued from there, unabated.

2 years old on Mortal Kombat on the Sega Genesis. I remember my cousin babysitting me and seeing him rip Scorpion's mask off and burn the other player. i was completely shocked and wanted to do it too. Turned out I beat him a lot even at 2 years old. Later that year my mom got me a Genesis for Christmas and it came with Sonic the Hedgehog 2. I remember the system was faulty and we took it back to Circuit City to exchange it. My only other system was an SNES on my 5th or 6th Christmas and I got Mortal Kombat, Cool World, and Math Blaster. I got a GameBoy with just Tetris on my 7th birthday and I actually never got any games for it after that except Galaga. Of course later on I got other consoles but those were the first.

Talking about this, it was super awesome to watch my 5 and 6 year old play Portal 2 today. I was surprised by some of the things they got and mostly bored by the amount of time they spent doing the interactions and just giggling.

You don't have memories of playing games from 2-years-old, you stupid bags of dicks.

used44 said:
You don't have memories of playing games from 2-years-old, you stupid bags of dicks.

You sir, were never hugged as a child. This is also why I remember why I don't post on the GR forums...too many douche bags. (Most of you guys are fine), but too many douche bags.

I had a sega genesis growing up and then a nes. I was around around 3 or 4 years old. I used to love me some sonic the hedgehog. I remember I saved up all my happy meal tickets from mcdonalds so they would send me a copy of sonic 2 in the mail. I was so young I grew tired of waiting for it and had forgotten I had even done it. Was a nice surprise the morning it came.

Sonic the hedgehog. Mortal Kombat. Space Jam and Earl!

Ivory_Soul said:
used44 said:

You sir, were never hugged as a child. This is also why I remember why I don't post on the GR forums...too many douche bags. (Most of you guys are fine), but too many douche bags.

Oh boo. It was a joke.

used44 said:
Ivory_Soul said:
used44 said:

Oh boo. It was a joke.

Sure doesn't sound like one. Might want to reword your "jokes" next time.

Stick around the forums and maybe you'll get a sense for our intense camaraderie that allows for such bad/mean jokes.

Or go write a review for Unreal Tournament, whatever.

Sourdeez said:
I saved up all my happy meal tickets from mcdonalds so they would send me a copy of sonic 2 in the mail.

Was that a thing? That's amazing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod