Vote for Your Favorite Game of 2017 So Far

What is your favorite game so far in 2017?

• Horizon Zero Dawn

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NieR: Automata

• Nioh

• Persona 5

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Prey

• Resident Evil 7

• The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind

• The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Other

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

Jonathan_Leack

Former Executive Editor
The rules for this week are:
  • Select your favorite game of 2017 from the poll above.
  • If you choose Other, let us know which game you chose in a reply to this thread.
My answer: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. It single-handedly validated my Nintendo Switch.

What's yours?

Other: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia :)

My runner-up is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for sure. Looking forward to playing Persona 5 at some point but haven't had time yet.

Last edited:
Voted for Horizon, mostly because it's the only game on the list that I've actually played so far. I did thoroughly enjoy it though. I did want to throw in an honorable mention for Playerunknown's Battlegrounds. I'm still pretty bad at it, and the game still needs a lot of work, but it is a damn fun game. I've never really felt so tense while player a multiplayer game. Knowing that at any second you could be in a firefight, or get sniped, or maybe you just creep up on some poor unlucky bastard and a blast them. Good times.

Good for you, Used. I wish I had your willpower!

Hands down, Persona 5. This is my introduction to the series outside of what little I've played of 4 on the Vita, so it has just been a fantastic experience for me. It's like a modern compendium of all the elements that shine in a classic JRPG.

Same as used, except I just don't own a new console. The tragedy is I love SMT more than anyone else here, but I don't have the time or ability to play any of the new games. Once P5 is cheap for PS3 I'll play it. But until then...
We'll see

Hmmm, I've only played RE7 on that list...wouldn't say it's Game of the Year material or anything.

I did just buy Prey five minutes ago for a weekend bash, then I do plan on buying Persona 5 at some point later in the year - probs for my birthday in Sept.

Mostly I've just been busy with real life. I've still spent plenty of time gaming this year, just on older games or multiplayer stuff.

I voted Other and would say my favorite release so far this year is Forza Horizon 3: Hot Wheels.

The only thing I have played is the demo for Nioh, but I'm not going to vote based solely on that, even if I found it fun. I hope to pick up Persona 5 later this year and borrow Horizon from my brother-in-law. I may be willing to cast a vote then.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild has been my favourite game of 2017 so far, followed very closely by Horizon Zero Dawn.

Everyone says Persona 5 is awesome, so I'd like to pick that up sometime and give it a go.

After finishing Prey, I have to say that's absolutely my favourite game so far.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod